Can turrets be destroyed?

SneakyTacts

I'm playing in hardcore mode and have just fought pirates, and it seems that my turrets have been destroyed since their base blocks were destroyed. I repaired my ship and looked in my small collection of turrets, but it seems that I've lost them. Is that true? Or were they simply dropped and can be regained? I'll check the hostile sector for my stuff after I find new weapons, haha.

Edit: I think I've recovered my not-so-special turrets, although I do not recall finding them in the hostile sector. I'm going down to expert mode now, lol. Please share any info you know about this! I tried blowing up my turrets in creative, but only my fellow ship's HP would drain—no exploding turrets or blocks.

On Hardcore and Insane difficulty Perma-destruction is activated and Block Threshold is 100%.

... player's ship, once destroyed, cannot be reconstructed at a repair dock, and all turrets and upgrades on the ship is lost ...

... Block Threshold is the threshold a ship's HP must be before blocks can start to break ...

If you lose turret on this difficulty you will lose it forever.

https://avorion.gamepedia.com/Difficulty

To protect turrets you need more massive base blocks with more HP and protect it with armor. Or just place them on large chunk of armor.

Also use integrity field generator.

... Blocks inside integrity fields can now take 20 times as much damage before they explode ...

... Block and Ship damage from integrity-protected blocks reduced by 50% ...

https://avorion.gamepedia.com/Integrity_Field_Generator

I usually build it like that:

KvVj6se.jpg

Hmm, interesting. And thank you. It makes sense now. Yesterday, I misunderstood how turrets would be destroyed, but I now see what I was missing.

I think that switching back to expert gave me my turrets back, but I’m not entirely sure. Two of the turrets I lost were the starter turrets—the pair—and I gained a pair of turrets sometime afterward, and later I gained the same pair. Very strange, haha.