NPC build Stations?

Zerenco

Factions reconstruct stations, but factions don’t conquer territories. You can find the exact rate at which a faction may rebuild its stations by hiring spies at your local smuggling outpost. My starter faction has 1000+ stations, 60+ available military ships, and the capacity to reconstruct ~7 stations per [something].

I recall reading from a developer that they don’t want to have factions conquer territory because it would take a lot of work to get right. Well, that’s half of what they said; they also said it would be too much like Stellaris, but I believe that doesn’t matter. Maybe they’ll change their minds. BUT, when a faction invades a sector during war, and if they defeat the last of the defenders, they control the sector. I discovered this in a creative world when I tried to communicate (I think?) and the spacecraft said something about how they can’t because the sector is controlled by the enemy. I do not remember the specifics, but I do remember that the enemy controlled the sector.