[Mod] No more hyperspace jamming

Dinosawer

A simple mod to fix a frustration many people seem to have: hyperspace blockers!

This simply disables the hyperspace jamming they do.

The blockers still spawn, they just don't block you anymore!

Works retroactively on blockers already present (on server restart), so yes, you can use it to save your butt :)

Installation:

copy the blocker.lua attached to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Avorion\data\scripts\entity\

(overwrite the one already present)

blocker.lua

Interesting. I might use this. However, I have two questions:

(1) Do these hyperspace jammers have a very limited range, a rather long range, or do they seem to block hyperspace travel throughout the sector?

(2) Could using this script potentially cause problems if the player decides to join a Multiplayer server?

1) In the current game version they block every hyperdrive in the entire sector, so the only way to escape is to destroy the blocker. (will change to range-based in next Avorion patch)

2) Haven't really tested it. It might cause problems, as client and server scripts need to be the same, or it might just not work.

You can just switch back to the normal script when you decide to go MP, though

Ahh good, there's a faction that I want to patch up relations with; but couldn't because every time I went pirate hunting in their sector...some jammers would come and I'd be forced to blow the heck out of them. Now I can just run away and preserve the standing.

• 1 month later...