Silence

Summer haze I guess...

I can assure you the creator is working hard on the next update! :)

I am waiting for the linux release since I'm running ubuntu on my laptop. Thereafter I'll obviously be more active on the forums too. I do moderate everything though and come in periodically to check in what people talk.

• Boxelware Team

Haha, yeah well its release is getting closer. You'll still have to hang on a bit. University claims a lot of time right now and of course this has to be my priority.

I am working hard on the update.

Update:

I have to optimize the rendering for OpenGL as it behaves a little different than DirectX. But I've seen that OpenGL can actually be faster than DirectX, so the game might run even better after the update. And I added some more beautiful graphics effects, such as reflections of the background on the ship.

There is not much more to say, I still have to finish rewriting the rendering that you've already seen for OpenGL.

See, I told you he's on the job! :D

Oh yeah, what ever happened to that other guy who said he wanted to make youtube videos of Avorion?

Might do a collab when v0.4 is released and I'll actually be able to play! :)

• Boxelware Team

I will make binaries for ubuntu at first, but I have to completely finish the port to openGL. There are still some graphics errors remaining.

with some IT voodoo dancing?

Not sure what you want to say with that?

After some TIME_WAIT trouble with the singleplayer on linux there are only some small improvements missing. Next up: Planets again!

Ya better finish debugging and release 0.4

NAOW

NOOOW

NOOOW

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOWOOOOOW

MORE SPACE FOR GOD OF SPACE

I SIAD NOW

NOOOOOOOWEWAEASD

BLARGBLARGHBLARGH!

Whoops, sorry. I have 13.04. My bad, I didn't check.

Here are the specs for the version I'm on right now:

-Version-

Kernel : Linux 3.8.0-25-generic (x86_64)

Compiled : #37-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 6 20:47:07 UTC 2013

C Library : Unknown

Default C Compiler : GNU C Compiler version 4.7.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.3-1ubuntu1)

Distribution : Ubuntu 13.04

• Boxelware Team

At some future point I plan to introduce interactions with planets.

I don't know exactly about those interactions yet, but I think the players might be able to trade goods or materials with planets.

Oookay.. but how it will look like? Like in Evochron mercenary or like in X2 missions?(Space lift to planet surface(When I was young I had a mission to go to the planet surface. All I was needed to dock to a station with a lift but damn I used SETA and aimed planet. After some hours - no progress and Was need 2 get back same way(Argh!)))

• Boxelware Team
Oookay.. but how it will look like? Like in Evochron mercenary or like in X2 missions? Space lift to planet surface

Can't say. But what is pretty sure, is that there won't be any planet surfaces, the game (and its engine) is not laid out for those.

• Boxelware Team
What is the situation with Avorion?

Linux version is almost finished, except for some window problems. Windows version has issues concerning the planets which are just black and have to be resolved.

Apart from that, there are still crashes that have to be resolved and performace optimizations.