Allow alliance ships to do quests

adder_inf

Suggestion

Currently the black market dlc cannot be played in an alliance ship.  This is very frustrating as the game cannot be played with a friend in the same team.  I expect there is a technical reason all the quests cannot be done inside an alliance, but I think this is something that should be made clear.  Also why have an option to have players flying alliance ships if you cannot play with this?

The suggestion is to allow alliance ships to do quests.  This allows co-op play like sharing money and resources without constant dragging stuff in and out of the alliance vault.

1 answer to this suggestion

Alliance ships break many of the in-game quests, not just the ones in the new Black Market DLC.  For example, one of the very important quests in the early game (at least for me), is the R-mining quest, because you get a pair of very nice R-mining turrets at the end.  Not being able to do that in the early game severely limits your resource gathering ability.  

I agree with the main point though:  Why have the provision for alliance ships if they lock you out from a significant portion of the game?  I *really* enjoy playing with friends when we're all in an alliance together and all flying alliance ships.  But now that there's new content to play (the Black Market DLC), we have to decide between being able to play together in a group and share minerals and money but be limited on the missions we can complete, or to play separately and have to constantly mail money and minerals back and fourth just so we can have fun with those new missions...

Is there a fundamental reason why so many quests do not work when the player is in an alliance ship?  I always assumed that it was simply due to a long-standing bug.  Was there a conscious decision to disallow these missions to alliance ships?  (And if so, can we maybe revisit that decision?  Pretty please?)