Timed Specific Research

InfraredEcho

Suggestion

It always seemed odd to me that researching 5 of the same turret/blueprint created a random result. 

I get that if your using less than 5 randomness makes sense but with all 5 slots exactly the same i feel like there should be an option to place a research project to say "research range" then after xyz period of time based on the tech of the research station it spits out a new blueprint/turret with a minor increase to only the range stat.

the research station should be un-usable while perfoming this research task and maybe the station even requires a special block to be able to do this type of research.

obviously youd need to have some sort of soft limit to prevent cheesing, something like only being able to increase it relative to the base stats of the turret type. or even use a system similar to fighter creation where based on the rarity you have a set number of points to spend on stats with the newly created blueprint being labelled as a "researched" blueprint so it cannot be infinitely upgraded.

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet