Decrease event frequency / Scanner jammer

Worm

Suggestion

In general - alien/pirate attacks are fine but in the most cases they're very irritating.

Currently it's spamming events of being attacked by pirates and aliens, even in a empty sector, often in such combination that it ends up in alien vs pirates vs player. Even when wiped out they mostly send more in a next minute. This is very difficult to do while trying to build an asteroid base/mining a sector (not to mention incredibly stupid freindly AI which loves to fire through freindly ships or decide to go on a coffee break).

Maybe introduce something like Scanner Jammer block for stations to decrease the chance of events happening, perhaps starting off Xanion-tier materials? Bigger size could increase the chance of blocking pirate/alien attacks but never make it impossible to appear.

EDIT:

Scanner jammer could also make player owned sector appear as a blue dot (if there is no other faction owning it) with the % chance appearing it in the galaxy map with formula like this:

SJ - Scanner Jammer's % chance of jamming the incoming attack)

SD - Other player's ship scanner distance

DS - Deep Space upgrades

|(SD/3) + DS/2  + [sqrt(x^2 + y^2) / 10] - SJ/2| ≈ chance for blue dot appearing each jump while dot is in the range (bonus coming from deep space detection, the sqrt(x^2 + y^2) is distance to the core, make it so closer you are to the core the more safer your factories are*)

In example: Station located at (153, 145) has 60% chance of jamming incoming pirate/alien attack (divided by 2), while another player has ship scanner distance of 30 (divided by 3) and deep space upgrades (8 points in total). The chance of blue dot appearing for the other player is:

|10 + 8 + 21.08 - 30| ≈ 9%

This is a mess, I doubt this formula would be accepted but IMO this both gives chance to hide stations but not completly hide them away from players.

* - As from players. The pirates and aliens are obviously tougher than on the edges.

4 answers to this suggestion

I would agree that the frequency of attacks coud be tweeked. Not necissarily everywheren there should of course be sectors where this happens a lot, but one would think that especially deeper into a factions controlled territory they would have a pretty decent grasp on protecting the sector from pirates/aliens

Bumping this.

Me and a friend has been playing on our server and xotans and pirates are constantly flooding the sectors we are in. ATM there are 15 xsotan ships in the sector and 6 pirate ships. so every defending ship is dead, and we cant trade. couse the second we clear them all out a new group spawns in.

Yeah I totally agree I like the new beta update reducing the faction war to 20% of all factions being at war, however it is still really difficult to do things in systems with wave after wave of pirate attacks. A reduction in this would allow for us to actually do something system between waves in multiplayer we have resorted to have 2 people fight the waves and 2 people do all the mining/trading whatever just so we can be efficient.