[Mod] "Mining System/Module" Balance Changes. - Increases The Distance

Kane Hart

I personally find the Mining System aka the Module is a bit of a Joke to me personal. For example this is the best one in the game give or take a few asteroids:

HEXP8sa.png

Personally I found this a tad weak and not worth it and I will never use it sadly and I want to use it. So what I decided to do is modify it and make it more useful so I will actually want to use it in the future.

Thankfully we have a kickass developer who supports modding and allows us to customize things the way we like so I took advantage of just that.

So what this mod does is simple increase the range and some minor price tweaks due to the range + power tweaks once again due to the range increase and messing with all the math formula's.

This is what it looks like now:

jE72nXH.png

Download:

http://stonelegion.com/Avorion/mods/miningsystem.zip

Install:

Unzip the miningsystem.lua and replace the old one where the game is installed.

Avorion\data\scripts\systems

Diff:

https://www.diffchecker.com/oceyaGqL

Why the Diff?

Because if this mod becomes out of date and the files are replaced then this is one the best ways to show you the differences so you can change it yourself by hand in the future.

Let me gues, you can't made it possible to select the kind of material get highlight ?

Can you add a techlevel like weapons got ?

Then when you research this kind of module in an Iron area, you will get a module with Iron. Because of the low techlevel of the research station.

I notice this effect with weapons allready.

The rarity of the module modify the amout of asteroids and range.

If this is possible, then you can have a set of modules one for each material you like to mine.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...