Material Mass HP HP/Mass % increase from previous material

Iron          51 4 0.07843137255 /

Titanium 30 6 0.2 155.00%

Naonite 33 9 0.2727272727 36.36%

Trinium 21 13.5 0.6428571429 135.71%

Xanion 27 20.25 0.75 16.67%

Ogonite 45 30.375 0.675 -10.00%

Avorion 36 45.5625 1.265625 87.50%

Given the *Random* mass and patterened HP increase, perforaence jumps are a bit odd.

Titainium and Trinium both have huge boosts in performance for their weight.

Iron - Steel - Ferrus - Previous Generation Material

Mundane, the kind of material people used back when they lived mostly on planets. Heavy, fragile, and only used by the deperate, the poor, or sold to be made into consumer goods.

Only really used for civilian grade stuff.

-Supports Armor

Titainium - Current Generaton material.

Titanium is considered the first durable material, making for good armor.

This is what practical spacecraft are made of, being lightweight and Strong. It also allows for containing highly energetic reactions, allowing for localized power generation and storage safely, and can even manage an integrity field!

- SUpports Armor, Generators, Energy Containers, and Integrity Field generators.

Naonite - Nanonite - Neo-nite

Naonite is considered the first of the Technological Materials, supporting complicated and delicate equipment.

Naonite is mainly notable for being able to be the most common material able to be manipulated at the molecular level (and staying put) allowing for the fine structures required for several exotic technologies, such as Hyperdrives and shield generators. Nanoite is incapable of being processed into the dense armour plating due to the properties of it's microstructures not allowing for increased durability with density.

- Supports Generators, Energy Containers, Integrity Field generators., Shields, and Hyperdrives.

Trinium - Tritainium - Next Generation Material

Trinium is considered the first, and only, Omnipurpose material, able to be used in any type of construction without issue.

Trinium is like titanium but far better. Trinium is almost a third less dense and several times stronger.

Trinium can be used in extremely powerful computers, able to remotely control fighter craft and run dedicated computer cores to optimise a ship's performance. It is extremely malleable, and can be used for any component, from delicate electronics to heavy armor plating. This versatility is unique, and not even Avorion can match it.

- Supports Armor, Generators, Energy Containers, Integrity Field generators., Shields, Hyperdrives, Hangers, and Computer Cores.

Xanion - Xanium

Xanion is considered the second of the Technological Materials. Nothing but armor is beyond it's capabilities.

Xanion shares many properties with Naonite, being maluable at tiny scales, and inability to be made into proper armor. It's properties do support advanced computing, like Trinium however.

- Supports Generators, Energy Containers, Integrity Field generators., Shields, Hyperdrives, Hangers, and Computer Cores.

Ogonite

Ogonite is considered the second of the durable material, making for the most durable armor in the galaxy.

While durable, Ogonite is extremely dense, and tends to be more trouble than it is worth for most ships. It also cannot be manipulated at the molecular level easily, disallowing shield generators and several other delicate equipment. It's durability still supports power generation and containment, and is surprisingly able to manage fighter control.

That said, the lack of flexability doesn't change the reason people care about it. Armor made from Ogonite is the most resilient known, surpassing the most durable confiruation of even Avorion, Volume for volume. Proper armor plating is over twice as durable at slightly more than twice the mass.

- Supports Armor, Generators, Energy Containers, and Hangers.

Avorion - Avorium - Unobtainum - Legendary.

Avorion is considered the Pinicle of Materials, providing massive performance increases and durability for anything built out of it, aside from heavy armor.

Avorion is the most prized minerals known, only showing up near the center of the galaxy.

Being exceptionally durable,it is used in the construction of the most powerful ships known, and can be maniplated at the atomic level almost without issue. It refuses to be made into armor plating however, with Ogonite being superior in that aspect.

- Supports Generators, Energy Containers, Integrity Field generators., Shields, Hyperdrives, Hangers, and Computer Cores.

I would love to, I was just reluctant because It isn't official material. The rest of the stuff I added was the result of around two hours of research (build mode creative, just adding stuff and calculating stats) But this is very much made up flavor stuff, which might not match game lore.

Should I do so?

I looked up the list on the blocks´ properties. http://wiki.avorion.net/index.php?title=Block

According to the data, basically all "function" blocks have a (significantly) weaker durability, except for (oddly) solar panels. The only stronger ones are "armor" (3.75) and "rich" (1.5).

Questions:

Cargo has a durability of 1? I thought I read somewhere that cargo gets stronger walls the bigger the block is?

Stone has a durability of 1? The text hints that it was stronger.

The description of Ogonite strongly hints that the durability for its armor block was even higher?

You have some typos in there (in the material names even) but the text itself is really nice.  8)

The material names are so weird that I am not surprised. The data is on the wiki, so can be edited there by anyone. Will fix eventually if someone else doesn't.

I looked up the list on the blocks´ properties. http://wiki.avorion.net/index.php?title=Block

According to the data, basically all "function" blocks have a (significantly) weaker durability, except for (oddly) solar panels. The only stronger ones are "armor" (3.75) and "rich" (1.5).

Questions:

Cargo has a durability of 1? I thought I read somewhere that cargo gets stronger walls the bigger the block is?

Stone has a durability of 1? The text hints that it was stronger.

The description of Ogonite strongly hints that the durability for its armor block was even higher?

Yea, block durability for special components is pathetic. It explains how Kane Hart Got ?Naonite? So easily from those wrecks in one of his videos. I think.

The wall thing for cargo has to do with capacity. If anything it should have diminishing returns on durability based on size. That said, the equation is not simply volume based on each side's durability minus some amount. Hence why I havn't put it into the wiki, unlike crew. (Which I totally expected the same thing from)

I was surprised about stone too. I was the one who added it to the wiki. Already reported as a bug.

At least it still is (Presumabily) immune to Electricity.

Also, Stone armor takes bonus damage from Mining lasers. Kinda amusing, and makes sense. Wonder if rich stone drops the ore too.

Ogonite armor is stronger than avorion hull. Avorium doesn't support armor. So volume wise, Ogonite is better. Mass-wise, they are about equal, assuming I mathed it correctly.

Yea, block durability for special components is pathetic. It explains how Kane Hart Got ?Naonite? So easily from those wrecks in one of his videos. I think.

Yup. I always go only for special blocks when I have a lot of wrecks available for salvaging. Its a nice system that way though, makes salvaging less dull.