Multiple QOL and UI Fixes and some others. (List)

xexorian

Suggestion

Ship Preview in "i" menu Suggestions

• It would be nice if you guys could make it so on the " i " UI you can adjust the default lighting angle (so we can see the bottom of our ships in previews) maybe just put some rotational arrows so you can change the direction of the lighting inside the preview and maybe a color-wheel button so you can change the lighting for QOL and screenshots, also making the ship preview window size adjustable (This is another suggestion) for those of us on 4k (This is another suggestion) can resize it (QOL). Also; it may be a good idea to put a randomize background or black background option since im suggestion updates to the ship preview you see when you press "I" anyway. (QOL/Funsies)
  • Increase visibility of highlighted turrets / brightness when mousing over them in preview window, or automatically adjust preview window to focus on the turret location. Use a method where it adjusts the camera based on distance from center of ship and nearest blocks obstructing view. Basically, just more functionality to the preview window. (QOL)
  • An option where necessary to hide the other ship UI elements so you can look at your ship in this preview window (without turrets and stats overlaying it.) (QOL)

Manufacturing Cost hidden by UI elements on mouse-over in Turret Factories / Turret Factory Suggestions

• Make it so it's easier to see the manufacturing cost of turrets at turret factories by snapping the mouse-over preview to the side of the window, or simply put the MFC inside the mouse-over when you're looking at them specifically in the turret factory. Since manufacturing cost is a hidden multiplier for turret strength it is quite tedious to have to mouse over them to select it, then move the mouse off the turret factory window, then look at the MFC which is hidden by the mouse-over previews which overlap it. Having to do this for every single turret at a turret factory of all quality types because MFC is randomized is super tedious and unnecessary carpel tunnel. (Huge QOL for veteran players)
  • Make it so we can adjust the MFC perhaps, or have an easier method to reroll turret factories RNG modifiers, (QOL / Gameplay change)
  • Make it so you can customize weapons by adding secondary modifiers ourselves (maybe a consumable mod/item drop we can throw into a box when using blueprints?), similar to how other ARPG's allow you to gem or socket equipment it would be nice to throw a range modifier on a nearly perfect weapon to "complete" it for example. You could get these new items from scrapping items with the modifiers you want, for example, scrapping a turret with +18% range has a small chance of giving you that item to be used in blueprint manufacturing, where there would be options to slot in these modifier pieces, or researched pieces, (no idea on what to call this) (Gameplay change)
  • A way to add secondary modifiers such as +%range, +%dmg, +%shooting using blueprints and a new type of items, like a rare legendary mods could add things like seeking on things normally not getting it such as mining turrets, where they bend the laser beam to hit your target, or something like that. I could see some crazy stuff happening with certain combos. This is simply in addition to the other suggestion above about customizing turrets further. (Gameplay change)

R-Salvaging Turret incorrect location/another Turret factory suggestion

• Side note: Make it so the yellow quality R-Salvaging turrets and Salvaging turrets position is swapped to match the blue and green quality versions at Turret Factories. (they're swapped on the yellow quality ones for some reason.) (QOL)
  • Side note: It would be nice to be able to make red quality turrets at allied for turret factories. (eases the whole research station gambling process to produce purples by a factor of 5) (gameplay / difficulty change)

Other Important UI stuff / Game engine stuff

• Make it so we can toggle a checkbox to see hazard zones on map (QOL)
  • Make it so the sell stolen goods option is it's own option outside of finding it through the unbrand stolen goods option at smugglers den, it's confusing that it's not it's own option to noobs. (QOL)
  • Proper 4k support? (QOL/mandatory imho)
  • HDR support? (QOL)
  • RTX/AMD equivalent support? (QOL)
  • DLSS/AMD equivalent? (QOL)
  • Resizing UI elements would be nice (QOL) (add side scroll bars w/ arrows like a web browser to these ui's if neccessary?)
  • Moving a window (and resized windows if you do that) should keep those windows' default position after restarting game and going from menu to game. (QOL)
  • Checking the show all stats should be default when building ships (QOL) 
  • An option to reset UI windows positions back to default (QOL/user fix for any mistakes like dragging a window to the edge of the screen so only 1 pixel is visible is hard to see when the ui itself is dark and space is dark.)

Xsotan vs Pirate reputation bug? gains?

• Currently if you hit a pirate you get rep and money for helping defend territory, but if you hit the much more dangerous Xsotan and NPC's help kill it, even if they just hit it ONCE, you gain nothing. I think this is a bug. (BUG/Gameplay fix)

Thanks for reading all my thoughts, & That's my suggestions for 2.0 update!
-Xexorian

Edited by xexorian

2 answers to this suggestion

I'd just like to highlight the.. uh couple of .. er a few of major things I'm asking for before 2.0

• SHIP PREVIEW FEATURE - a simple ui for previewing your ship in different lighting environments, scalable window, toggleable color wheel and lighting / background environments would be sweet. Also, I hope this makes it's way into the ship building editor in game; outside of just being it's own 'screenshot maker' as I suggest.
  • SHOW MANUFACTURING COST ON MOUSE-OVER GUI WINDOW POPUP IN TURRET FACTORIES. PLEASE.
  • SWAP THE R-SALVAGING TURRET LOCATION AT YELLOW QUALITY, IT DOESN'T MATCH BLUE AND GREEN LOCATIONS OF IT AND IS SWAPPED WITH IT'S COUNTERPART SALVAGING TURRET IN THE YELLOW CATEGORY, THE REST ALL LINE UP AND THIS IS JUST LIKE A KIND OF WHY THING, SEEMS EASY TO FIX. edit: idc just fix turret factories to show MFC
  • 4k UI / SCALING UI ELEMENTS / ANY OF THE OTHER QOL STUFF I MENTIONED LIKE SAY...
  • checking the show all stats should be the default option when using the build mode. and/or checking the box should keep that choice next time i enter the build mode, period. forever. do not randomly toggle off, it should toggle off next time I tell it to turn off gosh darnit.

oh and again any of the QOL changes I mentioned above in the op, thanks!
(Truthfully, this is so hard to choose, but if I had to choose one.. I would say, "please keep my show all stats checkbox setting forever, that ... just... not seeing my ship stats really is annoying please make it remember my choice.")

On 6/28/2021 at 1:48 AM, xexorian said:
  • Make it so you can customize weapons by adding secondary modifiers ourselves (maybe a consumable mod/item drop we can throw into a box when using blueprints?), similar to how other ARPG's allow you to gem or socket equipment it would be nice to throw a range modifier on a nearly perfect weapon to "complete" it for example. You could get these new items from scrapping items with the modifiers you want, for example, scrapping a turret with +18% range has a small chance of giving you that item to be used in blueprint manufacturing, where there would be options to slot in these modifier pieces, or researched pieces, (no idea on what to call this) (Gameplay change)
  • A way to add secondary modifiers such as +%range, +%dmg, +%shooting using blueprints and a new type of items, like a rare legendary mods could add things like seeking on things normally not getting it such as mining turrets, where they bend the laser beam to hit your target, or something like that. I could see some crazy stuff happening with certain combos. This is simply in addition to the other suggestion above about customizing turrets further. (Gameplay change)

This would require them to make some serious changes to the way weapons are rolled (a change I'd be in support of).  I'm just pointing this out as I'm not sure on the likely hood of it.

On 6/28/2021 at 1:48 AM, xexorian said:

(eases the whole research station gambling process to produce purples by a factor of 5)

I just want to also point out that, in the long run, it's actually better to do your research 3 at a time.  Take 15 turrets.  Researching 5 at a time, you'll get 3 of the next rarity.  Researching 3 at a time, at a 60% success rate, is also 3 of the next rarity, +2 of the same rarity that you can feed back in with your next batch.

(I did +1 your post, btw)