Configurable turret rotation constraints please

kellyR

Suggestion

Could we please get some capacity to set constraints on our turrets' fields of rotation? It's already sub-optimal to build nice looking, tiered turret emplacements due to the way the game lets turrets shoot through each other making a flat plane the optimal design for ship sides. The fact that you can't set rotational constraints just makes it a further kick in the groin that if you do go to the trouble of building tiered turret emplacements, half the time your turrets will turn all the way around and stick their barrels straight through the walls of the upper gun deck.

So not only can they not fire in that direction, they insist on trying to aim in that direction anyway and it looks ridiculous as their barrel clips through ship geometry, and they keep trying to attack the target over in that direction instead of turning to fire on something that's actually in their potential field of fire.

I built this today, and it's frustrating to me that I can't set the turrets' rotational constraints and resting point of aim, like you can in From the Depths.

It would be great if I could set all the little turrets' resting points of aim, so that I could have them all face outward properly, and it would be great if I could set them to not try to turn so far that they would be hitting each other (Even if they can't, really) or be facing into the central tower. It would look nicer and function better.

20210717204105_1.jpg

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet