Relog and lost ship

moosey

Hiya,

i spent a hell of alot of time making my ship then moving from trading post to trading post buying specialty crew (all level 2-3 for their jobs) and exchanging items to make profit... now i logged off for the night and the next morning i logged back on and my ship was gone and started off in my drone

so what happened to my ship....? is it still somewhere in the world, if so how do i find it again

Q: My ship disappeared. How do I get it back?

A: It might be gone for good, but you can try to retrace your steps and visit the sectors you have been to before the ship disappeared. You might find your ship there.

Try this solution from the FAQ. This might work if the ship was lost through a crash. But if you have been on a public server then maybe it got reset by an admin or pirates spawned when another player was in the sector and they have destroyed your ship.

I have this same problem, and it is definitely nothing to do with pirates. The first time it happened, my ship didn't appear in the 'I' menu, but I wasn't paid any insurance. I went back to the sector where I left it (before getting 'connection to server lost', in singleplayer) and it wasn't there either. I decided to look around the nearby sectors, and when I came back it magically appeared again, but it didn't appear in the 'I' menu until I boarded it.

The second time it happened (a few minutes ago), I repeated all this warping around and relogging, but I haven't found it again yet  :'(

I posted a bug report with the logfile from the 'connection to server lost' BS, but I have no idea how to replicate it so it seems it won't get fixed until we can find out what is causing this...  :(

I guess I'll just play multiplayer for now.

The ship only appear at the Fleet window, when the sector is currently explored.

When you was at unexplored space before to find new things, you need to find the ship again. But only to radar range.

The trouble is that it wasn't showing up in the fleet window even when I was in the same sector.

I've had this same issue and the ship appears to be gone for good. I had 2 ships with one of them controlled by a Commander. We had some server issues and when I logged in it had duplicated my mining ship and my main ship was no where to be found :D