Coal?

DanMingle

Yes, dunno were else to post this, but it was between troubleshootign and bugs.

so, I want to set up a decent steel manufacturing chain... but so far, I cannot find any place taht "makes" or "sells" coal.

is it not implemented? or is a tool tip for one of the carbon extractors (since coal is pretty much carbon) incorrect?

• 2 weeks later...

Check some of the trading posts. There are several supply items that are required for downstream products but don't seem to have a factory or mine that makes them (raw oil, gems, diamonds, coal). I did find raw oil at a trading post (I was looking for stuff for a certain quest) so maybe coal can be found as well. Down the line maybe these things will have factories added or modded in.

Trading posts sell and buy random products, so yeah, as already answered, they are right now your source of coal, since yes, some of the first-of-the-chain items don't have corresponding producing facilities yet (i hope that is not intentional, because... well, how tf do Trading posts get coal if nobody in the universe produces it  :D)

UPD. I think i have an idea, i mean, i realized why nothing produces them. Look:

- Coal formed as a result of "carbonization" of dead vegetation deep below planet's surface. That means this is a thing to be found on planets.

- Same with oil: microscopic plants and animals, pressurized and heated beneath the planet's surface. You get the trend

- Diamons: same thing, they form under big pressure beneath planet's surface...

i think you got me. Probably Coal, Gems, Diamonds and Oil are not produced now because they are supposed to be recieved via interaction with planets.

And right now, before any such kind of interaction is implemented, trade posts sell them, because, well, they interact with planets somwhere offscreen :D