[Mod] Allow Multi Delivery in Organize Goods missions

guiohm

Background

The first time I accepted such a mission, I had not enough cargo to transport the whole delivery in one go. So I filled up once, I went back to where I started the mission and I naturally expected being able to deliver in multiple times.

It frustrated me to not being able to do so. Because at that time I did not even know how to calculate if my cargo space was sufficient to hold the whole delivery.

Description

So I made this little mod. And for you guys that have started such a mission and went back with half the cargo expecting to do it it 2 trips and the station just said to you "There must have been a misunderstanding, you don't have the cargo". Well,you can install this mod right now and interact again with the station.It won't do any bad stuff if installed in the middle of a mission. It won't change the time left. It will just allow you to go back and forth and deliver the goods little by little. You'll only get the reward at the end of course.

I think it should be the expected behavior.

How to install this mod

• Put the attached zip file in the data directory inside the main Avorion folder.
  • Right click and chose "Extract here". You should end up with a directory called mods-installer at the same level as the scripts directory.
  • Go inside the new directory and the one inside and run the batch file called "install-or-remove".

That's it.

Side notes

Tested on Avorion 0.10.1.

I did use a little executable to patch the modified script file. I think it's better than having to replace files by hand, mainly because it allows having multiple mods modifying the same file.

Here the link to the virus scan of this exe: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/02760b4b347e42f0c7c04a24d2ec3ee34d96ae26876850844b6f4f10f6d8dee0/analysis/

OrganizeGoods-multiDelivery-v1.0.zip

• 2 months later...