Replace the Torpedo screen with something that doesn't wreck our vram, please.

AvorionCraft

Suggestion

I'm running a 3060---yet whenever I need to switch to a different torp, my computer chokes---it chokes hard, and it chokes every, freaking, time.

I don't understand why it was built this way. Nobody drags torpedoes one by one individually. Give us a menu option for a text-based torpedo screen with simple drop downs and numbers, please. It doesn't have to be cutesy, it has to be functional. Make the functional first, the cutesy later. Pretty please, with a cherry.

1 answer to this suggestion

I got a 2060 and I never had issues with that screen at all.

I do agree though that the dragging of the torpedos is completely pointless:

It's not possible to rearrange them in the bay they're loaded in because dragging any out of it's slot just loads it into the top slot, aka the next to be fired. Unless the bay is full, then it will instead throw an error message. It also scrolls the whole list back up, so if I try to get the torps from the back into the front I have to scroll down each time over and over.

Just right clicking them to get them out of a bay and using the number keys to load them into one is far more efficient. I wish rearranging them would be actually possible, because when I just find them I'd rather use the weak ones first instead of going straight for the most powerful, or whatever is loaded right now.