Ship orientation ZYX axis

Kirshak

Suggestion

What would you guys think of having an option to enable (or default ship behavior), so ships will always have a certain orientation when immobile, the top will face the Z axis and the front will face on a 360° radius but on the X axis. In my opinion, this should enhance the immersion as there is something quite pretty when looking at a fleet that is in formation as well as develop a more strategical placement of weapons on our ships as more and more aesthetical designs are available on the workshop.

(I obviously took inspiration from Homeworld, Battlestar Galactica and a few other games)

People who desire their ships to keep their distance could have a better result if their ships have a static orientation, because in my opinion, this could help us knowing where to place long range weapons and short range weapons on our ships will be easier. And we could then move our ships to a location and let the auto turrets engage the enemy instead of ordering the ship to engage the enemy, as I often see those ships chase one another for a very long period of time across the sector, which do not help for the salvage operations after the battle.

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet