Boarders sneaking inside trader ships

Kirshak

Suggestion

How about each time a cargo ship dock to one of our stations, there is a chance that some hostile boarders will sneak into our stations and cause havoc. The idea I have in mid is a simple boarding, if a station do not have any security members or subsystem, the damages could be serious. If the boarders manage to kill all crewmembers, the station then become an hostile station (pirate, faction at war, or even Xsotan!). If the station become a Xsotan station, it could be cool to see it become a "breeder" 

Lore wise, we could pretend those boarders are under cover agents (pirates, hostile faction, or under Xsotan influence), pretending to be traders and civilians in order to sneak inside our stations. Trying to sabotage or take over the installation. 

This might be only me, but my personal playthroughs showed no boarding from pirates nor hostile AI factions, questioning the utility of security crewmembers and internal security useless beside roleplaying.

1 answer to this suggestion

Boarders and ship security are two heavily underutilized points of the game.

I think this would be fantastic as an update, but also think that the boarding parameters need to be shifted as well.

Boarding shuttles need more to them rather than just "boarding shuttle," so that a boarding shuttle can be common/uncommon/rare/exceptional/exotic/legendary as well, based off of either internal defense module or another module like turrets are for creating fighters.

The perk in that being that you can board a ship with higher hull point % based off of the level of the shuttle craft being used to board.

Presently I believe that 20% is the threshold for the common boarding shuttle

• 30% uncommon
  • 40% rare
  • 50% exceptional
  • 60% exotic
  • 70% legendary

simple enough.

It would make boarding parties that much more of a risky gamble, and make you as the player think about crew compliments for defending against boarders as an omnipresent threat. Also think that boarders and defense crew need to be turned into one category: Marines. Makes no sense that you can have 500 boarders but they're not the same or just as well equipped as security forces.

And a new captain category: Gropo - Marines / Mercenaries 

Early game would of course be far more dangerous--especially if you're running without a cargo license in bad/neg-neutral/war territory with early factions. Getting boarded would be a genuine threat---and that would mean you'd need good anti-fighter defenses as well.

Totally agree, bumping this.