Salvage licence

DoomAngelBlade

I don't think that this is a BUG but the way it is realised is HORRIBLE actually.

Look.

I bought mining licence for 15k for 15 minutes. I aint counted the time or used a timer.

When Licence ended.... I was salvaging xanion which is rare and hard salvaged(10k hp is no joke when I have only 700) and INSTANTLY relations went down for 19k because I Was salvaging without licence! I seen the chat and seen that I received WARNINGS to stop salvaging. But that spam was less than one second because I had like 5 turrets firing at XANION SHIP wrecks.

I think you better change it from "Amount of attacks\damage" or how you did it. . . . To time.

Like 5 seconds after warnings.

"You are not allowed to salvage wrecks here. Get a licence to do so"

(5secs)

"Warning. Salvaging without licence is not allowed"

(5secs)

"This is your final warning! Stop salvaging or be destroyed"

Instead

"You are not allowed to salvage wrecks here. Get a licence to do so"

(PROJECTIVE HIT)

"Warning. Salvaging without licence is not allowed"

(PROJECTIVE HIT)

"This is your final warning! Stop salvaging or be destroyed"

(PROJECTIVE HIT)x120

-19 000 relations.

Awesome D;. I just lost a place to loot XANION. D;

Not mining. Salvaging. It's good stuff cause if you need to get to the level of place you are - you can destroy some wrecks and get turrets from them so you will have stuff.

I got AVORION TURRET from them.

AVORION MINING TURRET.

You know... It's awesome to have AVORION MINING TURRET. With 50 EFFICIENCY! I can MINE AVORION!

some opinion about salvage license.

price i very big. but this bad on start player have small chance salvaging only iron or titanium only.

i salvage 30 minutes on wreck sector and found only iron - no weapons no tutanium.

if it possible make two type license - one (this ine buy low cost) to salvage materials and cant salvage turrets or something, and two (this one costs high) - salvage only turrets or some tech but cant salvage materials.

anyway salvage it is big fun bussiness

by the way if ia understand correct - all sectors random generated only if player travel on sector, yes?

how can denied you make to raise the price based on the number of sectors already open?

on start price low on middle in game recalc on high, right?

• Boxelware Team
by the way if ia understand correct - all sectors random generated only if player travel on sector, yes?

yes.

how can denied you make to raise the price based on the number of sectors already open?

on start price low on middle in game recalc on high, right?

I'm sorry, I didn't understand what you meant.

• 3 years later...

I found my first trinium scrapyard today, and so far i find the salvage licence interesting but pretty cheap in regard to price/benefit. 60k credits for 1h farming is really cheap when i look at what i've looted and salvaged so far. I did nearly 50k tritium and iron, 20k titanium and naonite in 2 hours on 2 differents scrapyard that where one jump from each other (so same tier). Not to mention of all the loot, i came in there with no salvaging turret (or maybe a couple of crappy one that i've then equiped that gave me more turrets to loot ect... ) and i left with half the tritium i would have ever need to create my new naonite/tritium ship. So it is really a jackpot sector when you find one, i only left from there when swarmed by a huge alien assault..

And the warning is short but if you stop when warned no huge rep loss just dont be a lootwhore... i only lost around 30 rep due to timer ending, as i stopped salvage once it went time out.. So loosing 50k rep just meant that you didnt stopped from salvaging... And at first timer end i was using 8 salvage turrets + 10 weaps..

Not sure I understand the problem.. the chat log starts warning you at 2 minutes and spams messages at 1 min, 30 secs, 20 secs and 10 secs. The 20 sec message shows up as a big yellow warning on the right side of the monitor, it's hard to miss unless you are AFK salvaging or something...

The one thing I would change though is penalty from salvaging/damaging attacking ships in those sectors... If my license ends and I fight off a wave of pirates, I get like 1200 rep boost from each kill but the overkill damage the pirates get can quickly remove 4-5x that. IMHO i killed it I should be able to salvage it, I'm saving your crappy empire, show some respect :P

There is already a warning in yellow on the right but it's easy to miss! Imho one of those black message screens like we get sometimes would work (like when you get intercepted with illegal goods), like 30 secs... And maybe add something to stop auto salvagers / fighters / captained ships when it runs out.