Bolter Crafting

GOForce3

I FINALLY got the materials to craft bolter turrets (managed to avoid getting my explosive charges confiscated), and got to the turret factory, and what?!?  No bolter turret listed to craft.  I went to every turret factory (around 6 or 7) in the sectors I've discovered, and none of them have the bolter available to craft.  I know that a couple days ago, it was there.  What's up with that?  Was that removed intentionally or just a bug?  VERY annoying.  If I can find some lead, I could craft chainguns instead, but no luck there.  That's the ONLY ingredient I need for them.

I noticed the available turrets in the factory depend on the distance from the center. The closer you get to the center, the more types of turrets are available. Maybe all you need to do is find a turret factory closer to the center of the galaxy.

I noticed the available turrets in the factory depend on the distance from the center. The closer you get to the center, the more types of turrets are available. Maybe all you need to do is find a turret factory closer to the center of the galaxy.

What's weird is that I remember seeing the bolter turret available at more than one of the turret factories that I've discovered.  Once I got the materials, I couldn't find it again.  I checked EVERY turret factory that I discovered.  However, you are correct, because just a little while ago, I did find a turret factory for bolter.  Maybe the latest patch adjusted the distribution of turrets in the factories.  I finally crafted the best ones, and they are amazing!  The best bolter I had before crafting was about 105.4 DPS, the crafted ones are 290.77 DPS, almost triple the power, and much longer range (6.5km vs 4.5km).  So, I'm a happy camper now.  If I can only find some lead to craft the cool chainguns.  I have the rest of the materials.

I'm a big fan of chainguns personally, No overheating, just a continuous hail of bullets.

Lead factories exist, Usually when I got to a zone I go around and add notes to sectors so I can easily see where to grab materials from, be sure to check trading outposts as well because sometimes they have it in stock, Good for the rarer things, like Gauss rails and such.