Lost in space (my ship is)

Kosmo-not

Now, this is the fifth time this has happened. I encounter a server connection problem in single player and am greeted with myself in a drone at the last place I docked when I start things up again. I've been able to retrace my steps to find my ship the other four times, but this time it's a bit more difficult. I know the general area, but have to resort to searching every sector methodically. I'm sure I'll find the ship eventually and am forced to livestream my game for fear of it happening again once I've found it (so I can look at my recording for sector coordinates).

I'm curious is anyone else has a better way of finding lost ships. This is frustrating to say the least.

Just experienced this during my live stream. I checked where I left off from the archival footage and the ship isn't at the last few locations i was at.

Sorry to hear about your ship.

Were you trying to jump to a sector before the crash?

As for my ship, I eventually gave up on it and built a new one. I was later visiting hidden mass sectors in the general region of my lost ship and found it. I stripped its modules and systems and deleted it. I really only wanted the system from it (legendaries).

I hope your find your ship.

Our server has crashed more than a dozen times now and is becoming quite the nuisance, luckily you can find back most of the locations in the logs.

You can find back your last succesful jump location by looking for " Player X moved to position".

And if you jumped during the crash you will see messages like: "calculating jump" and "creating sector".

If it's not at the "moved to position" location then you will find it at one of the two other types of locations, which unfortunately do not show to which player it belongs yet.