Invisible Asteroids

Walle

There was already one topic like that but no one answered to this guy, so i will ask for help too.

Asteroits r invisible :// i can see them in right down corner when i mark them but i cant see them normally, and also i have an error when i launch game it says something abaut opengl and intel integrated cards (i gues thats why i have this problem), but i am using AMD dedicated card and asteroids still dont want to work...  :-[

(ps. sorry for all mistakes English isnt my home language)

Are you completely sure you are using the dedicated AMD graphics card?

If you are using a notebook there might be a setting in the AMD drivers which allows you to set the dedicated graphics card as the default for Avorion. But you might have to google it, as I don't know much about AMD cards. I have only found this which could help you.

If you have a desktop, make sure you have connected your monitor to the output of the graphics card and not to the output of your mainboard. This might sound weird, but it's still probable and worth checking.

If this won't help you should upload the logs from the game here, as it is described in the sticky post in this forum.

Its hard to say wich card i am using cuz in CCC (amd video card driver) i set avorion to max prformance (it shuld change to dedicated card when i am turning game on) but it sometimes like to crash and it wont change card,

so i can never be sure wich card i am using cuz CCC sucks... Btw u could add window in settings that show wich card user is using (like in TW:Attila for example cuz it could be helpful in situations like that)

But i am getting off topic... so U said u wanna log? but how can i get this where is it??

EDIT: ok NVM i am idiot i found logs xd

I can't do anything about the game, I am just trying to keep things flowing here, sorry :)

Even if CCC is unstable you should try to open it and follow these steps:

1) Click “Power” and select “Switchable Graphics.”

2) Choose Avorion(.exe) from the list or browse to the installation directory of the game and select it there. Then assign the AMD GPU to the game.

You will find Avorion.exe in the installation folder: <steam folder>/SteamApps/common/Avorion/bin

Here is how to find your logs from the stickied post:

How to find your logs:

On Windows, you will find them in your %appdata%\Avorion\ folder. Type %appdata% in your windows explorer's address bar to get there.

On Linux, you will find them in your ~/.avorion folder.

The logs for the client are called clientlog XXXX.txt and the logs for the server are in the AvorionDemo\galaxies\[your galaxy name here]\ folder. They're called server XXXX.txt. XXXX is the timestamp of when you started that server. Look at the timestap, take the one where your game crashed or where you had trouble, and post it.

How to add your logs if they are too big for the forum:

Please post the contents of the logs on pastebin.com. Then add the link to your post.

Try to create a new pastepin paste for each log file.

No problem, it's always good to help other people :)

Also, please don't call yourself an idiot ;). Nobody knows everything and nobody has the ability to do everything. It's normal :D

btw r u guys want to do something with this bug??

I can't tell you more about this, but the devs will certainly try to improve the compatibility with Intel GPUs.