Energy Expenditure and other Gameplay questions

spaceiscool

So currently I am playing the Demo of Avorion, and will probably buy the game soon but there are some questions I have about the game that don't seem to be asked or answered throughout the forums.

So there are 4 bars at the bottom of the screen, and from bottom to top I have deduced that they're :

Health, Shields, stored energy, and energy being spent.

My primary question is, how come when I build my ship and I produce .5 GW of energy and I spend .16GW of energy, that when I boost with the ship my energy consumption skyrockets? Is there any way to calculate this or counteract this aggressive expenditure of energy?

How does the health system work? for example if my core block was completely exposed would it take just a few shots to kill my ship? And how come when I rebuild my ship, my health doesn't automatically restore to full? Is this just a gameplay element to make Mechanics more worthwhile?

Thanks for all the help and my bad if I missed this information somewhere.

Boosting has a building power cost over time that will always overwhelm any power system eventually.  I assume this is to keep you from boosting everywhere.  Otherwise, what's the difference between you normal top speed and your boosted top speed?  In the full version of the game you can add batteries to your ship giving it a much large pool of energy to draw from letting you boost for much longer.

No block causes you to take damage faster.  The ship's HP will always run out before all blocks are destroyed.  However, weak blocks like generators will break quick with only a small loss of HP.  If you leave systems exposed you ships can become crippled very fast well before you HP runs out.

I'm not sure what you mean by, I rebuild my ship but the health doesn't come back.  In theory your ship has to be fully repaired before you can change it's blocks.

Thanks for the info, you couldn't answer this question: "when I rebuild my ship, my health doesn't automatically restore to full?" so let me try and clarify.

If I have 100 HP and then take damage, so now I have 80 HP and destroyed blocks, then repair my ship, the game restores my blocks but my HP remains the same/it doesn't get restored (80 and being repaired by mechanics) how come?

Thanks again for your answers the boosting thing was really confusing me.