Client crash when editing ships

Hale

What happens:  I enter a game and immediately begin editing a ship.  Keep in mind, I've done this about fifteen times now, just tonight, no joke or exaggeration here.  Sometime within the first two or three minutes of editing my ship, adding and deleting blocks, the game closes, no cmd window, nothing.  It's infuriating.

How to reproduce it:  It just seems to happen when I edit a ship in any way, shape or form.  There's no particular kind of block that I delete to make it happen or adding or removing or dimension changing or anything.  It just seems to happen when I'm editing a ship in general.

Log is attached.

Specs:

Win 10 Pro 64-bit

16GB DDR4 ram

Processor:  Intel i5-6600K @3.5GHz (4CPUs)

AMD R9 200 Series

1920x1080

clientlog_Wed_Feb_01_23-30-02_2017.txt

New bug, though.  My game instantly starts to use up all of my processing power upon loading in, and it doesn't get past the loading screen.  What happens is it hits the "loading" portion, makes the noise as though I'm in-game, but instead of seeing the ship the loading screen flickers and comes back on again.  The game starts to eat up enormous processing power and never loads in, and I either wait for it to not respond or I close it out via task manager.

What led up to the incident:  I had a fighter hangar in one of my ships with the entrance blocked.  I would try to deploy the fighters after editing it so that it was supposedly no longer blocked and the fighter would deploy but not come out of the ship, meaning that I couldn't use my turrets, they would just spin around uselessly or do a forward lock if I selected another ship or station.  I would try and go into my drone and that would freeze the game.  I did that twice, and after those two times this bug started.

Same PC stats.

I should note that that bug only happens with that world and that world alone, all the others are fine. 

Log is attached.

clientlog_Thu_Feb_02_20-35-41_2017.txt

It is, but changed to text format.  I've actually discovered that it isn't just that sector that's causing the issue, I think.  The only issue is that even if I delete those two, the problem still happens...  I have to delete the whole sectors folder for it to stop.  Doing more tests now.  I could zip the sectors and send it, if need be.

New update.  To reproduce the steps that -started- the bug, do the following.

1.  Download the ship attached to the post.

2.  Create it in a galaxy.

3.  Buy at least 1 fighter for its hangar, located underneath, facing downwards.

4.  Buy crew for the fighter(s) you bought.

5.  Deploy the fighter(s) as defenders.

6.  If they did not deploy as they should normally (they have not for me), attempt to leave the ship in a drone.

7.  If it is happening for you, the game should freeze and begin eating all of your memory, making the game unplayable.  Noises will begin to repeat in a rapid fashion, and nothing else will happen until you shut the game down.

8.  Repeat the steps again until the game starts displaying the same qualities as explained for the drone crash upon loading into the world.  It happened twice for me before I could no longer enter the world at all.

Here is the ship:  http://filebin.ca/3BBO5sxsR2WO/autosave57.xml

I will continue trying to find out what the problem is in more detail on my own.

Some more quirks so far:  Upon entering the galaxy after reproducing the bug once, it will not let me deselect from a fighter.  Normally you can middle click in the middle of nowhere and it will deselect from any ship, and I can look at other ships around me by cycling through with the G button, but if I middle click in the middle of nowhere it defaults to the fighter, even if I'm in a different ship.

It seems that if the bug happens once, even though you can still play the game, you're screwed.  Trying to exit into a drone the second time around freezes the game just the same.  I'm doing all of this in a new world, as well, so it's not something induced by some world changes.  It's a fresh start.  Maybe it's just the positioning of the bay makes the fighter deploy in an odd way?