Some Suggestions

Sadkitten

Suggestion

I like this game so far but it has some annoying quarks here and there.

Build mode needs a lot of love. Besides the constant crashing when deleting large amounts of blocks I've noticed some issues. When you're building 1x1 blocks everything lines up, like if I make a giant grid everything will connect perfectly. The trouble comes from merging blocks. For instance if I have 30 engine blocks in a straight line they're measurement should be 30x1, however it doesn't do that. In every case it actually combines all those blocks into 29.1-4x1 which throws off any block placed on/around it. Why does merging blocks alter the dimensions of said blocks? It shouldn't.

It could also use a free floating camera, not the focused around selecting a block system we currently have. The focus option shouldn't require you to select a block, it should just work when you hit F by focusing on whatever you are hovered over. If you're setting a generator block you can't change you're focus without going to the left window clicking "Select Blocks" then going to the block you want to focus, hitting F, and then fixing the camera, then going and getting your generator block again. All in all, its annoying and detracts from the enjoyment of the build system.

I find it very strange that it doesn't allow you to make a template first and then institute it. Instead you either build your ship bit by bit, paying for each block along the way, or you just make a single player creative world where you do all your ships designs and import them to your singleplayer/multiplayer game. There also doesn't seem to be anywhere that shows how much your ship design costs in money, or in resources, which could be easily shown on the right hand side of the build mode along with all the stats. It would be nice to know "Oh hey I'm approaching my 60k Trinium limit on this design, time to wrap it up, or optimize it better."

Aside from the build system, inventory weapon management leaves a lot to be desired. Its frustrating to change up a loadout from weapons to mining to salvaging when you have to mouse over every single turret to find out what it is, a graphical option for the inventory that indicated what it is would be nice. Being able to sort weapons my damage/type would also be an amazing QOL update.

If any of this stuff exists or is fixed and I'm too blind to see it, my bad.

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet