Exploration, weapon and colors, suggestions about a newbie to the game

Salminar

Suggestion

Heyas,

I tried a lot of game a bit like this one recently, Robocraft, FTD, space engeneers and i must say this one is the best so far. It's complexe without being complicated, have lot of choice without being totally unbalanced at least so far. I really like it and looks promising.

Anyway i post a few things as a newbie to the game, and before getting to used to it.

The first is about exploring, it's really nice and the universe is huge but, when you find an asteroide, if you claim it for later to build a mine, the chances are you will never find it again. Of course i put a little not on the galaxy map to remember the sector, but once you jump in, the asteroide is totally invisible again, as if you never claimed it. Worst, the detector don't work anymore on it as it is claimed. It should really appear the color of the player.

This directly lead to the second thing. The colors of NPC and players. If you do play X3 (and i'm pretty sure you did ^^) you have a special color for your own assets, preventing you from searching for it all the time. Here it's not. Your stuff is green the exact same color as your allies, making a mess when you want to select something.

The strategic map as the same issues, when you zoom out you only see players and NPC ships and this is nice, but when you try to clic, if you have asteroides in the way, you will select them, forcing you to use area select even to clic a single ship.

And finally the last one thing, all the guns are turrets in this game, and you have a gun to fix them in one direction. I think it would be better to have "main guns" bigger guns that are fixed in a direction making you use facing attacks or broadside.

One last little thing is about thrusters, i find them really weak, and act a bit strange, you pack them all together and if you want some armor on them it's a bit of a mess. Was wondering if it wasn't a btter idea to make 2 version, one multi directionnal like the ones actual and one that is single direction but more powerful, allowing to put some armor around it.

Thank you for reading.

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet