Chinese localization and about the fonts

Mercurycrown

Suggestion

hello everyone.

i am from China. and i am attracted by Avorion and its nice idea.

i want to recommand this game to my friends. however they seem have difficulty while there are only english and deutsch.

so i spent three days on making a Chinese localization, and ask my friends to find the unperfect place in my translation.

it is our sincely hope that Avorion could have a Chinese localization whether it is official or from the workshop(however this game have no workshop yet).

and we can provide our translation(3175 msg translated) if needed.

----------

morever, i found that Chinese chartacters(maybe the same to other chartacters unavailable) are not contained in the fonts(both Arial and Xolonium). so they cannot show in game.

i am afraid if i change the fonts the sever might think i am cheating.

so i think if the game support changing fonts from settings (or simply expand or change the fonts), it might be great for localizating.

----------

is this a bug?

i complete my translation and edit the fonts to support Chinese chartacters. when i start the game and change the language, everything work perfectly. however when i restart the game it change back to english even though in settings it is simplifiedchinese.

1 answer to this suggestion

• Boxelware Team

Hi there! Thank you for making the effort. You can change the font without any fear of being caught as cheating, this goes for all visual assets.

The translation resetting is currently a bug yes, you'll have to change it every time you start up the game for now.

We're planning to add more languages officially as the game progresses, right now the texts are constantly changing so we only officially support the two languages that we speak fluently.