New: Heavy cargo hauler "Albatross" +xml (DTU) (AstroOwl's Shipyard)

AstroOwl

Bad builders complain about new mechanics, good builders rebuild their ships so they are even better then before :-) well done sir o7

Thanks =) Complains are not so surprising, it's not necessarily sing of a bad builder  - but it is important to show, imo, that it's not the end of creativity, but just a new environment for one. So that good builders will not be discouraged by changes =)

• 2 weeks later...

I present to you a new ship: Albatross - class heavy cargo hauler

When you want to trade, supply your bases and don't want to think about cargo storage (unless you go completely insane), the Albatross is the answer for you.

Over 35 000 cargo storage and reasonable price allows it to be used before you get to that "insane endgame" point and get into high-volume trading.

HiTZBGy.jpg

Production cost:

5'450'921 credits

375'153 Trinium

173'913 Avorion

2'150 Ogonite

xml: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1itgp32eonwwy44/Albatross.xml?dl=0

Further details under spoiler:

Non-technical blocks are made of trinium for mass reducing, technical blocks: Avorion. All avorion blocks can be easily replaced: ship consists of a lot of 5x5x5 "cargo containers": boxes of hull with actual useful modules placed inside. This allows to re-purpose them for any reason. Currently all bottom ones are filled with cargo, and top ones - with technical blocks, thrusters, etc.

1pvLsBh.jpg

ZxgtPhN.jpg

cXkr2Fj.jpg

RNt6EZZ.jpg

bp2FT7U.jpg

I love the freighter design, seeing as I've just started making a freighter I may have to borrow some of the ideas ;)

Question, are you using inertia dampers to get that breaking?

Thanks!

Yes, they are used: two of containers (so, 2X 5*5*5 vloume) are Avorion inertia dampeners.

Even without them, braking thrust is around 56 m/s^2 thanks to the directional thrusters, though =)

• 1 year later...