Hex paint color menu

Sable Phoenix

Suggestion

13 answers to this suggestion

The current paint color chooser menu is severely limited.  Could we possibly get a hex color chooser for painting our ships?  Or even, to be really fancy, an HSB/RGB color wheel, something like this?

colorpicker.png

Acolor wheel might be a bit overkill.  Why not three sliders (red, green, blue) and a color preview?

I like the way it's now, that you have to find more colors and they are named, though just as I asked in suggestions regarding turrets, it would be nice if we could pin some colors as favorite, that would display on top of the rest, so that you don't have to scroll down all the time if you want to quickly swap around between your favorite picks.

I actually think finding colors as loot is horrible in this game.  It can work well in a different type of game, like an MMO.  But it makes no sense whatsoever, either in-universe or game-mechanically, in a game like this.  Since when did you have to loot a paint chip to be able to paint anything that color?

Please implement some kind of direct color chooser rather than stratified color swatches that are treated like items.

Having to kill countless of enemies just so you can hope to get that one colour you need so that your ship will look good sucks...cant we at least get a cheat and find all of them at once? After a little while the games just gets boring...its all about ship building. Not having all paint options at start is limiting what you can do. This needs to go forward...just let us make the colour we need. If you want it tied into game progression then just charge different prices for different colours.

I would like a color wheel, but as others have stated, which I am in agreeance too, it would ruin the whole color looting aspect which I really do like.

However, I do propose a color wheel concept that would still work for the looting system. Which I will make another thread inspired by this suggestion.

Either replace them with something else (I'm not sure what), or better, eliminate them entirely.  This is primarily a building game; restricting your color choices to random drops, especially when most of the variants of a particular hue are virtually indistinguishable from each other, is... well, I won't say the word I'm thinking, but it's not a good idea.  I'm basically required to go into creative mode to paint my ships, since you get all the colors there immediately.

Given that, as I mentioned, most of the variants of any given color look virtually identical, our actual color palette in this game is far more limited than the dozens of color swatches would suggest.  I routinely find myself selecting multiple color swatches, all of them similar to each other, and painting a block repeatedly before giving up and just going with something that is the closest approximate to my original idea.  It's very frustrating.  Integrating the system color picker would allow us far more freedom to color our ships how we want.

I would kinda like more colors, so I'm going to agree here.

I'm also going to ask for even more. I want a key to select the color from the block I'm clicking on so I don't have to write everything down every time I use different colors. Something like the color picker tool from paint.