Player ships for factions.

LordMaddog

Suggestion

Right now Npc are all randomly generated UGLY ships.

But players are making awesome stuff like check out thees

https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,1398.0.html

He has a lot of them to.

It be awesome if you made a new sub form were players make 5 ships per a faction: Light fighter, Cargo ship, Gunship, Capitol ship, Space station. And you then insert those creations into the game so they will be randomly used by a faction.

If we get 20 players to make a full set of ships we be set :) and I am sure there will be a lot more then 20. Heck some players might make 3 or 4 sets.

Thanks to the game design all ships can be scaled in size and mats changed to lower or higher tire. So it would not make NPCs over or under powered.

This would instantly Make the game 10X better and new players/potential buyers would  be in aw!

Also it be awesome if once a player reaches a high faction standing he can sell ship designs to that faction and they will start using them.

10 answers to this suggestion

I do agree - One of the main reasons I find AI ships ugly is due to the fact that for the most part they only use rectangular blocks and often have tech components exposed. The most elegant AI ships I've seen were a set of pirates/raiders, with very slim ships but the parts arranged in such a way to give them depth and a nice profile. They definitely don't compare to player ships and, keeping part/object count and stats/balance in mind, it'd be nice to see some player-made designs integrated into the AI's fleets. Maybe an export function from the ship-builder could be used to send the design to a (moderated) cloud that servers will pull from for AI ships.

Something like a monthly or weekly community building event would be nice.

You could give some limiting factors:

Type: Freighter

Material Type: Titan

Material Amount: 5000

Colours: blue, black

I have no idea how much details like thrust, crew, ... are necessary for the ai.

At the end you could choose the designs that would fit into the game and make

a pool of many different ai-ships for every tier.

I think there don't has to be any winning price. It should be enough when a player

ship is in the game for everyone.

I agree with parts and disagree in others. Some player ships are just as ugly as the random ones, its the long skinny toothpick ships I would like to see fixed. These ships are annoying and honestly would snap like a twig given even the slightest amount of force. The alien ships are cool and very effective when I see them. I think just a tweak with the random generator is needed, but also have base models to go off of. The ship scaling system you use is epic. Take that and go off of some standard templates, then randomize it. Then you have yourself an infinite ship generator.