Dedicated Server 24/7 - UK - The Holy Checksum

Linkfish

Hi all!

I've decided to outsource the server to run dedicated. This one will be 24/7 and hopefully without many crashes :-)

General:

This server is PVE. PVP is allowed, if both parties agree. Please take it to a sector where you are not bothering others. KOS is NOT allowed.

Name: UK - The Holy Checksum

IP: 185.38.149.206

Player Slots: 30

OS: At the moment it's windows - might look into migrating it to LINUX as it's a quicker and more stable version. ---> Citadel has replied to my support ticket that ALL their LINUX based Avorion servers are currently in use. This server will remain on Windows I'm afraid.

Server settings:

This server currently runs on the BETA branch

Collision damage: 0.5

Difficulty: Hard

Save interval: 10 minutes

sameStartSector=false

Active Server-Side MODS

/sethome command - currently works. I will look into a cooldown script so this cannot be executed indefinitely, so it does not defeat the death penalty.

Wreckage / garbage clean-up script is active. When a player leaves a sector, 5 seconds afterwards, any wreckage and loot that has NOT been collected in the previous sector, will be deleted. This is to decrease lag and descync, also it greatly improves loading times.

Voice chat is available on the Discord channel of Inter-Nation:

https://discord.gg/CCA8ZfG            in the Avorion Channel.

Please leave any feedback here.

-Linkfish!

Fixes:

* New players should not have respawned in new sectors. For some reason, my server.ini did not save this preference. Apologies for the ones who did spawn in the same sector and had to struggle to find materials. This has now been fixed, players should no longer spawn in the same home sector.

* Colission damage, should've been set to 0.25 , it was set to 1.0  , have changed it to 0.25 now

I have noticed a lot of players from my old server joined this one and wondered where their progress has gone.

Unfortunately, it's gone! Well, it's sitting on my laptop but it's mine now, you won't ever get it back :-P . I decided not to move those files to the new server, as I wanted to minimize stability issues. At least we all started over again at the same time.

Enjoy!

Changes:

We wanted to make it a bit more difficult for everyone as people are getting to the stage where they have mahoosive ships with 1M shields.. so:

* Changed server difficulty to : "2"  , which equals HARD (AI does 80% damage to your ship).

* Collision damage changed from 0.25  to 0.5  , so be careful what you hit from now on!

Enjoy :-)

I was playing for a bit here over the last two days. Nice people, and server seemed stable. Well, I just tried to join to continue playing for a bit, and received a kick-ban with no explanation.

I'd like to suggest that if you don't want the server open to more members of the public, you may want to let the public know and stop advertising the server. I didn't exactly have a lot of time invested yet, but... still. Bit of a waste. Now I'll have to find another server and start all over again.

I was playing for a bit here over the last two days. Nice people, and server seemed stable. Well, I just tried to join to continue playing for a bit, and received a kick-ban with no explanation.

I'd like to suggest that if you don't want the server open to more members of the public, you may want to let the public know and stop advertising the server. I didn't exactly have a lot of time invested yet, but... still. Bit of a waste. Now I'll have to find another server and start all over again.

Sorry for this, There was a confusing about a thing while we were dealing with an exploiter crashing our server, this has been rectified and you are allowed to connect again.'

He was logging in with very similar names as you, We are really really sorry for this, Blacklist has been updated to not include you in it.

Hi tehBanned,

this is actually my server, not Quellix his server. Quellix is an admin.

I've been informed of what has happened, and you will remain banned, forever as far as I'm concerned.

I will also now report you everywhere I can think of.

It is sad, that we need to do stuff like this.

If any other server admins read this, please refer to this topic:

http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,1972.0.html

Make sure to ban STEAM64ID 76561198279679854 from your server.

Kind regards,

Linkfish.

Also thank you for removing your own post, tehBanned, aka many different names , viewable on:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198279679854

Also - apologies to Olfart. You connected at the same time as this kid, so we took you for the wrong person and accidentally banned you also. You have now been unbanned, please accept our apologies. Have fun on the server!

Not the same guy... i was actually coming on to warn you about him because he was crashing the 24/7 no rules server also he came on and started talking about your server and i told him off because he was pretending that he was ddosing servers and shit.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/172663821535114115/89153BD00023A7C06EBC5799F574CB0879BEC071/

The guy crashing the servers.

--------------

and the 2nd SteamID you listed is mine

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/172663821535118270/A529AB4B353C9114E7AE88E1126FF0F07ECD4639/

and i haven't done anything to any server my home current is smaaaaash! avorion // fresh wipe 02/05 / ny / no rules //pve/pvp been playing there for days.

Hi Sylar,

I've removed my message from this topic.

Please accept my apologies, but do please join discord before i amend my banlist, just to make sure. I don't want the save file to get corrupted, people have put insane amount of hours into this server.

I'm sure you can appreciate that.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I would like to know if anybody else struggled with the Bottan Quest line.

I can only get to "a friend" seeing him floating around and beeing able to talk with him. But there is no further Quest possible.

I looked up the Wiki page and gathered all the required materials to continue the Quest. But nothing works.

It is just not possible to get the Quest and i read that this might be because of the /sethome mod.

Could you please deactivate it, like just for a short time so i can test if this is really the issue?

Without the quest i won´t be able to get to the core. Kinda useless to play any longer if one can not reach the endgame.

Sincerely,

Snuffles

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

due to a lack of interest / activity on the server, I've disabled it for now as it was sitting empty most of the time.

Also, there's such a massive list of great servers out there at the moment that I couldn't justify paying for it, for the time being.

Once the game gets updated and patched more so especially the MP stabilises more (less desync and lag when under load) , I might consider giving it another go.

Cheers.

• 2 years later...