Builder mode, pirates, and designing tranquility..

Yodarkore

Hello,

I'm currently redesigning my whole ship, wich is a big one, and i wished to know, if there is some "quiet" place in the universe where you dont get assaulted by random pirates/aliens? I tried anything so far, such as jumping in "empty" sectors, sit in a coreworld, ect..

I've got 2 issues with that:

1) Performance is deseacreasing when fight occurs, wich i can bear while i'm fighting, but i cant when i'm building and far from the fight. Lag in building mode is not cool.

2) My designs (i shall post a few of them sooner or later on creation section, when i will have finished this current ship) are all armored, and precise slopped armor designs. Needless to say that i put the armor layer on the outside of the ship, obviously. So i'm left without armor (but shields) for a long time of the design, leaving me vulnerable to shield piercing shots and then repair costs...

So did you find a way to take your time in ship design, beside having manually set a emergency jumpoint at the moment I arrive in a sector i tought would be "quiet" ? Or shall i endlessly and randomly jump everywhere until i finished design my ship?

Hi, safe spaces will be added in future updates.

Right now, the best way to redesing your ship, is to create new galaxy, tick the box "creative mode" and create your new desing here. Save your finished design, launch your original galaxy, go to builder mode, and on bottom right corner of build panel is tool for browsing your designs. Apply your created design and you are good to go! :)

The best solution is Tsunamik's advice. But if you still whant to build in your world.

Less attack in the Beta patch so i recommend that you pick the update. I have had no preformance issue when combat happen so, i build next to a station whit a good amount of npc ship in the sector. And if it still is a problem have a second ship that attack ships in the sector while you build.

Well i could.. if it was smaller and if i had precise numbers about how many minerals the design would need.. This is kinda work in progress mining here and there when i deplete the trinium stock so creative mode not allowed here as i couldnt get all minerals needed at once. I will put this luxury miner battleship on creation section once done, with true mineral and cash cost for it... And thats a lot (at least for minerals) ^^

So far best way is to jump in an empty sector, with some luck it stays quiet for at least 20-30 mins..

Edit: Building a defensive ship just to defend against ships that are higher tiered isnt good idea neither as i need the minerals for the main one and titanium based warships wont do the job, its better, safer and cheaper to jump away..

Integrity fields do their job at preventing the (yet) non armoured sections of the ship being destroyed but i wont bring it in combat until its finished..

Yea might be harder when in the early stage. If you whant to advance a bit faster do trade and equip a trade moduel to make it easyer to see prices. It is pretty easy to make Mil whit trade. I don't mine and salvage, i trade and then buy the resources. I have made 20+ Mil in less than 10 min many times.

Well i could.. if it was smaller and if i had precise numbers about how many minerals the design would need..

There is a way to do so, thanks to Aki. Look for this thread: http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,830.0.html

He made a console command to show the price of the ship, even in creative. I use it myself to design ships in Creative and know how many minerals in non-creative i would need.

Yea might be harder when in the early stage. If you whant to advance a bit faster do trade and equip a trade moduel to make it easyer to see prices. It is pretty easy to make Mil whit trade. I don't mine and salvage, i trade and then buy the resources. I have made 20+ Mil in less than 10 min many times.

Money and ressources arent issue there. The issue is, that there is no safe spot to quietly design your dreadnaught.. I didnt bothered with trade yet, altough i found a legendary trade scanner that gives me routes 12 sectors around, wich is really powerful tool indeed. But it wont spare me time to design a big ship..

Well it haven't really bin an issue for me when staying in a populated sector close to a station. think i had to stop one time to help one of my mining ship that got attacked (it has no guns). And now i am far into the game (center) where i just can jump back to "noob" zones and start whit a shield and its not gonna break unless i leave it there for a day.