Major FPS drop, large engine/thruster

Coovargo

I believe this is related to the particle effects. The same issue can occur with thruster particles, engine particles, or 'sector warping particles'(Those blue particles that appear when you perform a jump). If you zoom in close up to a large thruster or engine you get a massive FPS drop. One of my ships had just a single large engine addition on the back of my ship drop my system down to 1 FPS when zooming in on it, just because the camera was too close. Playing on max settings, it just seems strange that the lag disappears immediately if I zoom out just a little.

Operating System: Windows 7

GPU: Dual Nvidia GTX 680 SLI

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.8GHZ

Memory: 32GB DDR3 1600

Game HDD - 1TB SSD

I've verified this can be reproduced under any condition and any setting, even under a new client start. Simply put a large engine in front of the camera and turn it on. My FPS dropped from 160 to 2 for the duration I engaged the engine.

Update: After extensive testing, I have determined that this issue most severely affects the client when running under borderless. It is greatly reduced under Fullscreen. The same conditions running borderless can drop from 160 to 2 would only drop from 160 to 80.