QoL: Equipment organization

GrimJahk

Suggestion

As I see it, Every piece of loot I get falls in one of four categories:

New/unsorted (everything should default here)

Keep/Reserve (these units are not displayed when vendor screen is open)

Save/research

Vendor

I spend more time digging through the same collection of stuff to find the ones that matter, or trying to figure out what I picked up in the middle of that massive hairball fight....

8 answers to this suggestion

Maybe instead of having folders/categories for this stuff, a tagging system can be used? Tags could be as basic as locked (prevent sell/drop) and mark as junk (allows for functionality to auto sell/research later down the line). Accessing these could be as simple as ctrl+left click to lock, alt+left click to mark as junk.

This doesn't solve the problem of new parts not being visible, but many examples of ways to highlight new gear probably exist out there. Just slapping a NEW textbox over parts until you hover over them is good enough.

Maybe instead of having folders/categories for this stuff, a tagging system can be used? Tags could be as basic as locked (prevent sell/drop) and mark as junk (allows for functionality to auto sell/research later down the line). Accessing these could be as simple as ctrl+left click to lock, alt+left click to mark as junk.

This doesn't solve the problem of new parts not being visible, but many examples of ways to highlight new gear probably exist out there. Just slapping a NEW textbox over parts until you hover over them is good enough.

The difference between the two is exactly one User Interface. Being able to separate out units is, in essence, tagging them and showing all the tags together.

When you have 10-15 interesting turrets, and 256 turrets that you collected in the last two hours of farming, along with 300 or so that you will either research fodder, or vendor fodder... now you have close to 600 turrets in one screen, upwards of 200 that you want to dump at a merchant... when you get to that merchant, wouldn't it be nice to not have to read the notes on each turret? Jost open the "folder" that contains all the stuff you already decided to sell and rapid dump.

Efficiency in materials is a huge time sink in MMORPG. Just like paperwork in corporate america. Every time you handle a piece of paper it costs you... Time. (and therefore money) The less time you waste, the more you can accomplish.

1) Pick it up (Look at it in the NEW folder)

2) Solve it or prioritize it (Use it or file it: Keep, Sell, Research)

3) Not handle it again UNTIL the appropriate time (Once you have it in a folder, no need to look it over repeatedly, just ignore it until ready)

Now, to add in what you suggested...

1) Look at it in the NEW folder

2) Shift+left click (file/tag to keep)

3) Control+left click (file/tag to interesting)

4) Alt+left click (file/tag to vendor/trash)

On the (I)nventory page add a sort feature by Disposition

On the shi(P) screen, modules page Hide Trash

On the (B)uild screen, show only Keep

And the key value to all of this is that it is negligibly impactful on the code in place, adding a single field to the database, change or create a few interfaces... and it's done. Minimal DEV time, universal value (significant decrease in inventory management), NO change to the core mechanics of the game AND universally applicable to future Loot/design handling.

What do you think of that?