Salvage Efficiency not working.

Gwydion5

I've had my suspicions, but I just took the time to confirm it.

Version : Avorion Client Beta 0.10.2 r7448

Mods : None

Xsotan Wreckage had 3468 Trinium. Xsotan vessel was one of the small compact designs so it's not a matter of a big sprawling ship with sections all over the place. I have an Exotic Double Xanion Salvaging Turret with the following stats:

Tech : 33

Damage : 559.8

Efficiency : 48.8

Accuracy : 100

Range : 1.52

Material : Xanion

Size : 0.5

Miner : 4

+102% Range

+39% Efficiency

+66% Damage

To simplify the test, and reduce other factors, this is the only turret placed on my ship on a Xanion Turret Lock. Of the 3468 Trinium only 623 was recovered from the wreckage. Only the smallest of corner pieces remained of the wreckage. This puts it at roughly 18% efficiency instead of 48%. Screenshots are available if necessary.

There is a really large station made of Xanion a few jumps away that I could cut up and try to do more testing on big objects. But you could be right in that something is happening during the destruction of the components/pieces of the ship that is causing the wreckage value to experience loss/waste.

Whatever the cause is though, I've been noticing it for a while. At one point I thought maybe it was because I had multiple turrets or the turret with the least amount of efficiency was being used. But now I'm to a point where I have rather high efficiency values and the numbers are just not adding up to the before and after of salvaging. I'll do a bit more testing this afternoon and reply here with my findings.

You are correct. I was able to isolate single pieces from a station, and the wreckage value (904) and salvage value (464) were way more aligned. So something is probably happening during the destruction process of a multi-piece wreckage.