Real-world dimensions of blocks

cmdr_feklhr

It's 10 meters as stated by the dev himself.  I've also confirmed this to be true using various methods of measuring the blocks in game.

Do you mean 10 meters long, or 10 cubic meters volume? Because I thought in the post koonshi said it was 10 cubic meters volume for a 1x1x1 block, which would make the individual dimensions about 2.1544 meters.

If I am mistaken and he meant that the blocks are 10 meters long, then I'd have to rethink some of my designs (100 unit long ships would be closer to a km long instead of 215.44 meters).

Do you mean 10 meters long, or 10 cubic meters volume? Because I thought in the post koonshi said it was 10 cubic meters volume for a 1x1x1 block, which would make the individual dimensions about 2.1544 meters.

If I am mistaken and he meant that the blocks are 10 meters long, then I'd have to rethink some of my designs (100 unit long ships would be closer to a km long instead of 215.44 meters).

I knew I was going to confuse people when I looked back at this.  I was to lazy to edit my original post.  It's 10 meter for each side.  So a 1x1x1 cube is 10m by 10m by 10m.

I have an idea... Park your ship exactly 1 km away from station - go to build mode, create 1000 units long block, and place it on front of your ship and you will see how long it really is :)

A 100 unit long pole will reach the station because each unit is 10 meters long.  I've actually done this in game.