Hardrive storage usage and Appdata

SeaFalcon

Suggestion

I have no real technical knowledge about this however...

I noticed that all 'saved games' that act like servers are saved in Appdata/roaming/Avorion/Galaxies/...

Having your Galaxies here can be quite annoying due to the size of these folders which gain quite rapidly over time.

A lot of modern computers use rather small SSD cards to boot windows, due to this there is a quick lack of space on the C drive.

Now SSDs are getting bigger but I'm guessing a lot of audience still has a small SSD.

Would it be possible to move these kind of files towards My documents/My Games/Avorion or something similar?

As for my own situation I have a older SSD that has windows to boot up from 256GB.

Got a newer SSD of 2tb on which Avorion is installed however all the saved games are still stored on the smaller SSD because of the Appdata folder being used.

It's more of a suggestion than anything as I want to evade going through the effort to make a symbolic link and move the Avorion folder to another drive on my PC.

Edit: just noticed I accidentally posted this in de beta branch forums, I suppose the question remains the same though.

Edit2: and thanks for moving it

2 answers to this suggestion