[REQ] Increase Despawn Time for Loot and Wrecks

gamerpaddy

I was looking trough the scripts for an hour now and can find the function that despawns Loot and Wrecks.

My plan is to increase the timer because i quite often had the problem that when a fight was over, all the upgrades despawned.

A friend even mined a Wreck and before he was done (huge station) it despawned.

Does anyone have an idea where to increase it?

priestkatten,

By default resource laden asteroids will respawn via this script 2 to 8 minutes after they are destroyed. This script will have no effect on sectors without resources in them.

Which file did you place the line in? There are several options.

By default resource laden asteroids will respawn via this script 2 to 8 minutes after they are destroyed. This script will have no effect on sectors without resources in them.

I'm not sure how this is related to this thread, but this functionality is something that I really want. Is this a mod?

I'm not sure how this is related to this thread, but this functionality is something that I really want. Is this a mod?

https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,1034.msg8426.html#msg8426

i think this is it.

https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,1034.msg8426.html#msg8426

i think this is it.

The thread he wanted to reply to is this one, which respawns asteroids after they have been mined: https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,832.msg8336.html#msg8336.

To answer the OP:

I haven't tested it fully but since it's a deminishing factor, setting this to a lower amount will probably extend the time.

this timer only affects loot - just tested it.

I had the exact same problem - a huge wreck in a sector and did not get it down in 30 minutes -> dispawned. In the last patch there was an info that the time was reduced to 30 minutes. But I will sign the REQ to have a chance to change the value! its to short!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, dunno if anyone still needs to modify the wreckage despawn time - Orlania already mentioned that the server.ini file within the folder "\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Avorion\galaxies\"name of galaxy" must be edited, but when I checked today, there seems to be another section that needs to be edited:

BigWreckageDespawnTime=1800
SmallWreckageDespawnTime=900

I suspect that these two determine the despawn time since 30 minutes is exactly 1800 seconds; I haven't tested it out myself - currently suffering from an error - but give it a go. Try doubling or tripling the two numbers, and see what happens.

That's odd. I can confirm that those entries are in the "server.ini" file, at the sixth and seventh lines. Perhaps it has something to do with me using the beta branch, and the changes that would make those two entries in the files hasn't been in a proper release. Are you just normally playing without any beta programs?