Missions/Factories/Trading Ports Questions

CharlieMBTA

Okay so I am currently 13 hours in and in the naonite section of the system, and I have mostly gotten money through selling upgrades and weapons at equipment docks.

I am at a complete loss at how to do missions. So I got a mission yesterday to organize a bunch of fuel in 30 minutes. Okay, I thought, I will just go to find a fuel factory. It took me about 20 minutes to get to the absolute closest factory on the map (and i have an upgraded jump drive with naonite hyperspace cores on my ship, about 12 spaces in any direction), and when i finally got to the factory, they were out of stock. However, if you go to the selling tab, it clearly states that they have some stock, just not in the buying tab. So what gives?

Regardless, are "easy" missions like this supposed to be this frustrating lol? Should I get a trading upgrade, because I know they show effective trading routes or something like that but I am still unsure as to what that means.

Thanks

Easy in that kind just mean the amout of item you need to get, not the distance.

Before you accept this kind of mission, you should check the map if there is a possible source in range.

Killing pirates are a much "easyer" way to complete missions. And when you want a bit challenging get the mod for Kill pirate boss mission.

The module for these trade routes are great to made money. You can easyly check of the current sector or the last 2-4 (depend on the rarity of the module) visited sectors are possible traderoutes.

But you should first check the destination how much they buy, before you buy the item.