[QUESTION] changing production facilities properties (optional resources)?

AstroOwl

Good day, everyone =)

Thing that interests me is changing whether certain resource is optional for production (for example, Energy cells are optional for wheat production. Can i make them obligatory? Can i make Coal an optional resource for Steel production)?

I found information about required resources, their optionality, consume-per-cycle and output-per-cycle in productionsindex.lua in game files:7uRtO1Y.png

However, changing values (say, optional=0 to optional=1, or amount=1 to amount=3) seem to have no effect whatsoever on the game. How do i change anything?

I'm probably missing something very basic: i don't have experience with modding. I suppose i can't just change something in productionsindex and expect changes ingame? What should i do? Should i change/renew/recompile something? Maybe changes will only apply to new factories?

Would appreciate your help.

AFIK Stations use the values that were in productionsindex when they were created, so changing that file won't change any already existing stations, only newly created ones.

That's actually much better than nothing, thanks, i'll check that

My suspicion is that the actual values of most game mechanics are baked into the executable, and this production table is just a convenient way for scripts to look up the values without having to query an actual class instance.

about this - seems that i'm too stupid to get this. Like, in which cases do factory production scripts address .exe and in which they address productionsindex? If they are looking up the values in productionindex, why changing it don't change anything?

Thanks for the help, anyway, i just need to learn about all this beforehand, it seems.

AFIK Stations use the values that were in productionsindex when they were created, so changing that file won't change any already existing stations, only newly created ones.

This was the answer, thank you. Altering properties of productionindex.lua made new factories use new values.

Now i'm wondering how do i renew sector stats =D

This was the answer, thank you. Altering properties of productionindex.lua made new factories use new values.

Now i'm wondering how do i renew sector stats =D

game exit

\Avorion\galaxies folder Your station and ship in sectors files copy other folder

(ex: your ship and station in 442 , -55 sectors -> 442_55 and 442_55v files backup)

Next

Other sectors files delete

next

Your station and ship in sectors backup files return

game start

(need backup. My case was fine. but other case Prepare the worst)

or

new game? ha ha