Player Owned Factory Questions.

Zed

So I've been experimenting somewhat with the ingame economy of Avorion and after branching off from Noble Metal Mines i've delved into factories but am not quite certain how to upgrade the size of a factory.

If anyone is aware of how to increase the size of a factory (Small - Medium ---- XXL) information regarding the process would be appreciated.

The way I see it, there are two likely possibilities: the size of the ship you start the station from, or adding onto an existing station. I have like 8 stations so far, all S size, as I don't really need more than 20k cargo space per station. Who can keep those things fed, anyways? Maybe I should just start hanging blocks off one of them, see if it turns into an M.

Could either be related to mass or dimensional measurements, so adding a couple 500m long trinium hull blocks might do it, or if it were mass then adding a bunch of avorion stone would be the quickest way. (Ogonite might be massier, I forget atm.)

So I've been experimenting somewhat with the ingame economy of Avorion and after branching off from Noble Metal Mines i've delved into factories but am not quite certain how to upgrade the size of a factory.

If anyone is aware of how to increase the size of a factory (Small - Medium ---- XXL) information regarding the process would be appreciated.

I would like to know that too  ;)

Maybe a comment from the devs?

Well, setting up the prices manually is a potential exploit, which is not so easily counteracted. They're probably fixed to commodity's average price, which works best (players can buy them to resell for higher price and buy them cheap elsewhere to sell to your station, and in both cases they earn profit).

Come on, there's not even a way to get a permit for hazardous cargo, yet you're checked for it. Give developers the time to address more important issues, before they can fiddle with economics.

Buying a ship at the shipyard with the highest volume and dimension settings still gave me a small factory,

not sure what is involved for them to be categorised as a medium or large factory.

Upping the storage/volume after that didn't work either.

I read somewhere that if you build your station in a system that has warp gates, NPC ships will be able to dock to your station, if you have a docking port that is.

Station Size is based upon volume to my observations, however chances are they will never be financially viable for anything beyond small size due to the current crew requirements, Crew Costs, and the added issue of sector freezing.

NPC ships will trade with it where ever it may be, I believe these NPC traders are Spawned in randomly, I believe there is no true economy in this game, as they wouldn't come very often due to sector freezing.

Sadly this isn't X3 universe game where they simulate the whole OOS (out of sector) regions.

Thank you all for the replies thus far; hopefully we can collectively derive the proper sequence as how to upgrade the size of the Mines / Factories as the in-game Factions are already able to do so.

Docking ports are indeed a must; and being in a system with warp gates is helpful in garnering additional traffic to your Factory / mine as the local economy will support which seems to work better for lower level factories as it would seem the AI factions are granted factories randomly once a sector is generated with little regard to the materials supply demand.

Prices cannot be set beyond the inventory level supply demand variability preprogrammed into the prices of any respective good to my knowledge.

Once again, if anyone (@koonschi ) would be perhaps kind enough to let us know how to upgrade the size categories of player-owned facilities it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for the replies thus far; hopefully we can collectively derive the proper sequence as how to upgrade the size of the Mines / Factories as the in-game Factions are already able to do so.

Docking ports are indeed a must; and being in a system with warp gates is helpful in garnering additional traffic to your Factory / mine as the local economy will support which seems to work better for lower level factories as it would seem the AI factions are granted factories randomly once a sector is generated with little regard to the materials supply demand.

Prices cannot be set beyond the inventory level supply demand variability preprogrammed into the prices of any respective good to my knowledge.

Once again, if anyone (@koonschi ) would be perhaps kind enough to let us know how to upgrade the size categories of player-owned facilities it would be greatly appreciated.

Push

• 3 weeks later...

i've been searching for this, i can tell from reading through scripts that the size of spawned stations is based roughly on increasing probability as you get closer to the center of the galaxy.

and that the production rate is tied to the size (larger sizes have more production slots)

but i can't find the code responsible for changing the size of an existing factory, so not sure what triggers it.

anyone find this?

But i can't find the code responsible for changing the size of an existing factory, so not sure what triggers it.

Because there isn't any such code.

Koonschi hasn't coded that in yet, nor has he coded in the option to simply "buy" a bigger factory.

All player-made factories/farms are thus "small" factories/farms.

Before you ask, yes, he is aware of it, and will get around to it sometime soon-ish.

• 1 month later...

I have 4 Factories in a sector with friendly NPC faction.  I am producing  Gold/Plat mine,  Solar Power Plant, Conductor Factory and Semi-conductor factory.  This is all in Solo game local pc mode with steam account. The NPC merchants come up , Dock  and i get billed  ie $25,000 creds but the NPC merchant drops nothing off and picks up nothing.  I am trying to figure out what transaction is taking place.  Is there a log in game or in root folder that tells you of the trade transactions?  That would wonderful.?  Any help or links to  understanding NPC merchants would be a blessing.  :)

JD