What is a good fire power om when by the outer ring?

Hunchback187

I've been playing for a little while and reached the outer ring (no clue how to get closer) and I was just wondering about what Fire Power Rating most people have when they reach this area.  I'm sitting at 38615.1 om. on my main configuration of my OLD OLD ship (Need to build a new one badly...)

lgI8Gi9.png

You got more then enough firepower for the outer and inner ring, except the final boss.

But you should work on some more shields.

You even can try to research your weapons to legendary since you got alot of them. But use a station close to the rift vor best tech level.

I was about half through things on the outer ring and just broke the 9000 achievement.  That said, my ship is not the nimble beast it once was. 

Actually, here was the old ship, I am amazed you survived with such low deference.  There is something to be said about the best defense being a good offense!

M27G8aL.png

Firepower importance is invertly proportional to the size of your shields.. so it varies.

I had 43k omicron when I beat the last boss and 230k base shields... I had a shield booster equipped that took me to 700kish and a +12% regen too. It was a loooong fight. Wish I had more shields and dps but it was sufficient.

I started a new game... I'm now, through a retarded loophole in turret factories, at a little over 1 million omicron.

I started a new game... I'm now, through a retarded loophole in turret factories, at a little over 1 million omicron.

At that point you might as well go creative mode...

Personally using such methods would bore me to death.

Besides:

Playing the game on insane is where it gets interesting, on normal enemies do just 10-20% of their íntended damage, on insane it's 100%. :)

At that point you might as well go creative mode...

Personally using such methods would bore me to death.

Besides:

Playing the game on insane is where it gets interesting, on normal enemies do just 10-20% of their íntended damage, on insane it's 100%. :)

I'm 1 level from insane and I must say I didn't really see a difference between that and easy... Actually wondering if I did it right.

And yeah, I did it for the heck of it just to see if it was actually going to be as powerful as advertised, figured it couldn't be... but it is.. I'm 1 shoting everything at xanion level with just a shiver of a touch on the mouse button.. Shields and hull, boom. And that's with just 10 of the turrets, didn't try 40.

Well, insane difficulty only increases npc damage delt to your ship, it doesn't give the enemies damage reduction to your turrets or anything...

Still didn't feel much of a difference... I do tend to go heavy on shields though. Setting it to insane tonight, we'll see.

I think in general the game has two issues... The custom turrets are OP... and shields are too easy to stack.

Still didn't feel much of a difference... I do tend to go heavy on shields though. Setting it to insane tonight, we'll see.

I think in general the game has two issues... The custom turrets are OP... and shields are too easy to stack.

Ofc if you know the game and build ships with uber shields and uber damage insane is rather harmless, but it's nonetheless multiple times harder then normal.

Maybe it's time to suggest an even higher difficulty level, can't be to hard to implement, can it?

I'd say the difficulties are fine as it is but the sheer gap in power between weapons and the extreme cases of crafted turrets make dps too easy to get... And shields in general are just too easy as well. Maybe there should be diminishing returns on shields or something..

I currently have 800k shields and I can just move into anything knowing I won't even break a sweat. This is an approx 750k total xanion ship.. took 2 hours or so to salvage the mats.

In my prev game I had 1.5 million shields without modules... That was approx 1 million avorion ship.

Concerning Omicron firepower, I found it misleading. I had crafted 10 railguns and they yielded me 99k Omicrons, but they performed very poorly due to overheating after every third shot (that´s what you get with the "burst fire" trait...). Also, lags in multiplayer did not register more than half of their hits.

On the other hand, 10 crafted laserbeams yielded me 9k Omicons, and they blow enemies to pieces before they can deal serious damage. In Xanion area, I thus can go with those 9k Omicrons and a rather smallish shield of 100k and not break a sweat in combat in the Xanion areas at all.

Many ppl in multiplayer went totally overboard, though. Apparently, the most efficient design is a "borg cube", so I see many of them with about half a million to a million shield power and firepower anywhere in the region of 16k-100k. Having arrived at the endboss yesterday, I can see this making an annoying eternal fight at least half worth your while. I hate scripted combat. I´d take a fleet of 100 Xsoltan ships instead any day.

In the meanwhile I also think that crafted weapons are too strong. In fact the whole dps-equipment system could use an overhaul. The balance between number of turrets versus a turrets firepower versus possible shield strength and regeneraten needs to be more closely aligned.

I also do not want a too high difference between iron and xanion areas, because it would not really make sense from a roleplaying perspective. Otoh, I would like to have more incentives to stay in the lower tier areas, because on my third and fourth game, I just make a beeline for Trinium areas, just stopping by enough to get appropriate salvage lasers.

In short, the current game system incentives you to go out of your way to make gameplay boring for yourself. A pitfall which many good games did not close.

I am refusing to build weapon turrets from factories because of how broken it is. I am trying to play a game where I only used found stuff except mining turrets. My issue is when they have a dedicated server up.. it's going to be totally stupid as your going to be forced to give up hunting enemies and instead hunt turret factories so you can get really strong weapons 10x the power of any possible found one just so you keep up with pvp. And how will that affect trading? Make it useless imo.

I have hope this will be fixed and make hunting actually rewarding.