Some suggestions from a new player

Zedrackis

Suggestion

After trying the full version of the game for a few hours heres some things that stood out to me right away:

- Build mode camera is a bit clumsy when placing blocks inside a hull, it really needs a free look for build mode instead of rotating around a focus point.

- Turrets really need to be scalable, even on a basic ship the turrets look tiny.

- Crew system should be reduced to just crew, dropping the multiply types, or at least dropping the non-officer tiers. For a new player trying to get the right crew for a even a basic mining ship when you have to travel to several stations and results in ship damage before you even get anything done with a new ship.

- Turrets don't appear to have a lot of elevation or range to them. I noticed on a modest ship the mining turret would only fire about 10 degrees above the nose of the ship.

- I would personally prefer an option that my ship didn't auto stop, but instead had a key for breaking.

- The key binding system doesn't alert you when you bind the same key to two things. Also the key binds that only apply in build mode should really be a group into themselves.

- The docking system is clumsy for all but the smallest of ships. I found my ship would auto rotate when leaving the menu and collide with stations.

1 answer to this suggestion

Turrets really need to be scalable, even on a basic ship the turrets look tiny.

Turrets scale with materials. Xanion turrets are already a lot bigger than iron iron turrets.

Crew system should be reduced to just crew, dropping the multiply types, or at least dropping the non-officer tiers. For a new player trying to get the right crew for a even a basic mining ship when you have to travel to several stations and results in ship damage before you even get anything done with a new ship.

The system is totally fine as it is right now, in my opinion.

Are you aware that you can add regular crew to all job types except for the higher ranking officers? You never have to use special crews for standard jobs if you don't want to. They just give you bonus workforce per crew member and give you reward for their long-term employment through leveling up.

I would personally prefer an option that my ship didn't auto stop, but instead had a key for breaking.

This is planned, or at least something very similar, as far as I know.

I found my ship would auto rotate when leaving the menu and collide with stations.

This comes up a lot and I think that it got acknowledged by the devs, but I am not certain.