Unreachable server -> corrupted save

QuantumTunneling

Basically, when joining a galaxie, you sometime end up with the unreachable server error, even in single player. Log file of me joining in here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6Hk46r4arKyZUpkNnJKaFAzVGM

You can also see in here the two world save, before and after it happened and the instructions to reproduce the bug. Take a look at the player_1.dat file with an hex editor, it's "full" of 0s...

• Boxelware Team

Can you please rerun a server that this happened on with the additional command line option "-t all" and post the resulting logs and galaxy here? The problem is caused by some corrupted file and that may tell us which one it is.

I just tried again, and I can confirm that it's still in the last patch

I need one more thing to do what you told me to, i need to know in witch state the singleplayer server is while being on the menu of the game because i wasn't manually launching a server, so launching it manually might require me to do a /save and or not a /stop (or whatever the commmands are to stop the server)

• Boxelware Team

Discard what I said earlier, I had hoped one of these was a dedicated server. I talked to the dev and he said we need more information. Can you please send me the whole directory with the galaxy from %Appdata%\Avorion to support@avorion.net? We might be able to see the problem in there.

Sorry for the late response,

Well the repertory is 2 GB, and my up speed isn't that great, did you looked at the link that i've sendt you?

there's already the world files in question.

whitch files are you missing? i can send more logs...

I noticed that in the logs of the sessions where i shutdown the computer, the server doesn't close and is still running in background even though the client isn't connected anymore. So when i shut the computer down i don't give the server any chance of saving the least. I think this also happend when a crash occurs but i'm not sure, never successfully crashed the server

( I did crash the client but  in a way that every game crash too so you can't get any data from that... and when the client crash nothing happend but if i try to shutdown the computer i guess it would still corrupt the data?? not sure something to try)

• Boxelware Team

I probably know the cause of this and I already fixed it (if it was what I thought it is). The fix will go live on the beta branch soon.

Just to be sure: You start the server and get server unreachable? Can you post the client and server log when doing this? Thanks!

if you look at the logs, when i lauchn the game in the client log you see a gap between Sat Feb 11 20:16:49 2017| and Sat Feb 11 20:16:54 2017|,

it corespond to the 2nd serverlog.

And in the last line of the server log you see an overflow... probably has to do with the player_1.dat corrupted file

here they are, first serverlog is before attempting the shutdown,

the last one is after the shutdown, the clientlog is after too.

Thank you!

clientlog_Sat_Feb_11_20-14-51_2017.txt

serverlog_Sat_Feb_11_20-06-58_2017.txt

serverlog_Sat_Feb_11_20-16-51_2017.txt

This one was too big so here it is in the google drive at thins link : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6Hk46r4arKySzlxOUljSHpYaE0

note that it's also in the repertory that i've sendt you at the begining of the report

this is the one where the server was working fine but i did the thing, have fun going through these hundreds of lines even though they are all almost the same when nothing happens...