Server refusing connections after adding .lua script (and after removing it)

douglasg14b

Issue resolved, my script needed terminate()

I was writing a mod for spawning pirate attack waves. I had a .lua file in /commands and a .lua file in /player/cmd. All was working well, I added a line to broadcast a sector message that pirates were attacking and restarted the server to test.

The server started using the file in /player/cmd immediately upon login for some reason. I then removed the script to see what would happen, and now the server refuses any connections. The error in the log is:

Error while processing network message: 1: Script 'data/scripts/player/cmd/pirateattack.lua' not found. Tried the following paths:

I have removed all the files I added, and have done a full-folder search for references to that script and there are none. The server continues to refuse connections.

What is going on? Where is it set that the server must look for this file? Any idea how this started happening and how to fix it?

Edit: It looks like the script runs on server start if I use it once on a galaxy, and that galaxy will not startup unless that .lua script exists. Tested on a fresh galaxy.

Edit2: It looks like it adds the script reference to the players .dat file that ran the command. qV0gRyS.png

serverlog_Sat_Feb_11_17-25-14_2017.txt

Just wiped all game data files (including scripts) and reinstalled, issue persists. It is still looking for that .lua file.

It does not look for that .lua file on a fresh galaxy. Why would a galaxy be looking for a specific lua file, and where could I go to stop it from doing that?