Continuous Firing

lyravega

Suggestion

9 answers to this suggestion

• Boxelware Team

Hey hey, keep things civil Mr Nova. We sometimes overlook something right in front of our noses, happens to the best of us.

@Iyravega: The turrets should keep firing even while turning, only exception is when they would hit your own ship, low firing rate or are overheated.

I think what he means is a toggle button. So you click the button, and the turrets just shoot at where your cursor is pointed with out you having to hold down the fire button. Problem with independent firing, is the weapons are usually weaker while doing it. They also may turn to attack a closer ship instead of your intended target.

I have tried using the independent firing. The turrets feel as though they miss a lot more than if you manually aim them.

Mr. Nova, before lashing out in an unprovoked fashion, you should take the time to understand what you're ridiculing.  What you're saying actually has no bearing on the original post.

What the poster wants is a turret that will remain active even when its turret is turning to follow the reticle.  You can see this behavior even on your starter drone.  Start mining a asteroid, then turn the crosshairs quickly to target another part of the asteroid.  The beam will shut off until the turrets catch up with the reticle.  This leads to annoying stuttering if you turn your drone as your mining beams flicker on and off repeatedly.  What the OP wants to see is turrets that never shut their beams off while the turrets are turning.  I concur with this request.  The flickering beams are highly annoying, for the sound effects if nothing else.

I think I know what lyravega is trying to ask. Is it specifically related to mining and salvaging, those few blocks that seem to take ages to destroy (like 3-5 minutes)

Have quick search of my earlier posts, like really early. I posted an AutoHotkey script that lets you toggle the left mouse on/off...that'll save your finger.

Edit: Heres the link

http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,679.msg3373.html#msg3373

What the poster wants is a turret that will remain active even when its turret is turning to follow the reticle.  You can see this behavior even on your starter drone.  Start mining a asteroid, then turn the crosshairs quickly to target another part of the asteroid.  The beam will shut off until the turrets catch up with the reticle.  This leads to annoying stuttering if you turn your drone as your mining beams flicker on and off repeatedly.  What the OP wants to see is turrets that never shut their beams off while the turrets are turning.  I concur with this request.  The flickering beams are highly annoying, for the sound effects if nothing else.

Yep, exactly. This is most noticeable with continuous beams, but all weapons follow this behaviour.