BetterTransfer : UI upgrade & Transfer cargo/crew/fighters - v1.12 (07 mar 2017)

Salminar

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.12 is out.

As i had to rush a little bit for the bugs from the last version, the fighter tab isn't completely finished.

Know issue, the UI always display 7 squads even if none are created on the ship. This will be adressed in next version.

I will only make fixes for a few days, and finsh dilsplay issues with fighters squads. So please submit all bug or remaining bug so that i can fix them before working on something else.

it dosnt work for me and my friends. we have install v1.12 on client and server (server version  0.10.5.7633). by first conntact to the ship i can open the transfer menu but by the second conntact the button for your menu dosnt exist. but by the first conntact i cant transfer anything too

Can you give me a bit more informations?

Cause i tried both versions and both are working just fine on my computer. I'm waiting for a tester to look at this too when he have time, but is a bit busy.

Since the bug don't happen on my computer i need more details. Can you please asign the console to a key in your keybindings and look what the console says when you have the error?

ok so this is the error im getting...

could not execute function 'onShowWindow' in "data/scripts/entity/transfercrewgoods.lua":data/scripts/entity/transfercrewgoods.lua:475: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
          data/scripts/entity/transfercrewgoods.lua:475: in function 'updateData'
          data/scripts/entity/transfercrewgoods.lua:802  in function <data/scripts/entity/transfercrewgoods.lua:801>

Setting script "data/scripts/entity/transfercrewgoods.lua to invalid. 

Hope that helps...

I am using several mods but none that touch any of these files as far as i can tell. The UI come up and everything seems to work but when I click on the UI it just wont work. Then the error and file set to invalid

Hi,

unfortunatly i did something wrong.  :(

I copied the code, opened my transfergoodcrew.lua, mark all, deleted all, paste the new. Save. Started Avorion. Entered my Galaxie.

Drove to a station. UI is looks nice, but nothing happens. Neither if i tried to move cargo with the arrows nor with numbers.

Any hints?

Well maybe someone will be able to send you the original file. Always do a backup for any mode and drag and drop my file in the good folder.

As if you have a bug, i really don't know, there are reports that it don't work, while on my computer all run absolutly perfectly.

The other tester seem to be busy and haven't tested anything so far. So i'm a bit looking for a needle in my garden.

I want to find what is the problem, but so far i can't with what i know. This and don't have much time to make many tests.

And i have many downloads but not much reports, don't know if it works only for me, for many people but a few. I really don't have much clues so far to figure what is wrong. I'd love to know if it works at all on someone else than me.

I did some testing with my friend.

So it works on his computer, on both normal and beta version. So it don't really help for your issue.

But looking for what was wrong, we came to another bug i'll have to investigate.

Anyway, with issues i had with him installing the mod, i'll ask a few more things.

If you are on windows 7 and what is the size of the file?

And maybe try to download it again and install it.

And lastly if the reinstalle didn't solved anything, could you open the file installed on your directory with an editor like notepad++ and tell me what is written on the line 475.

I know it's a bit boring but need to go step by step.

Sure thing!

Size of file is 30,282

I have re-downloaded the file for yet a 3rd time and compared them just to be sure

They are Identical... I am using Beyond Compare utility to make it absolutely certain. 

Line 475

findex = i*12+j+1

I have re-installed the file and run it again from github.

Now getting....

could not execute function 'onShowWindow' in "data/scripts/entity/transfercrewgoods.lua":data/scripts/entity/transfercrewgoods.lua:500: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
          data/scripts/entity/transfercrewgoods.lua:500: in function 'updateData'
          data/scripts/entity/transfercrewgoods.lua:802  in function <data/scripts/entity/transfercrewgoods.lua:801>
Setting script "data/scripts/entity/transfercrewgoods.lua to invalid.

Line 500

selfFighters[findex].pict.visible = false

Again the ships I am trying to transfer between one has a hanger one does not.

I have decided to upload the ships for you to try.

Autosave207 is my main ship. "Feck"

Fabulator is a Super maneuverable fighter/support ship

sQIbbLeS is my utility ship and has Hangers on her. 

They are zipped bc "Feck" is over 192kb (shes a wee beastie)

and I figured I would just zip them all for consistencies sake.

I have also included a dropbox link to my Scripts folder which includes the mods I am using.

Transport Permit

Detailed Turret Tooltips

Pirate Warlord, Dockbuilding, Better Shipyards

Avorion Commands package

Clean sector

Turret Fatory Seed Entry

Findstation

Salvage Command

Enjoy

I hope this is helpful

autosave207.zip

Fubulator.zip

sQUIbbLeS2.zip

Unfortunately this mod does not work at all under any circumstances for me.

When I get motivated in a few I will do some testing and see if I can run it vanilla with basic ships in a controlled environment.

It really looks amazing though... Im pretty dead set on using this mod. In the meantime I have made macros for my mouse to transfer large quantities of goods/crew.

Ok, it's a test but can you try this one, i removed the variable partially handle by my script that design the size of fighter's squads.

I think she might be altered one way or another on your version, leading to index overflow in the table of UI components.

And since the error shows only on the ships that have a hangar, i'm pretty sure it's something like that.

*Cross his fingers*

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Salminar/Avorion/test/transfercrewgoods.lua (Make download link)

@infal > I think it would work with two ships that don't have any hangar at all, the line reported as error is on the fighter UI part.

Got an error on line 467...

Switched ships and reloaded the file and got an error on line 500

I launched all the fighters I had in "feck" tried again. No dice. 

There is something specifically about "feck" that is creating the error.

Switched ships, reloaded file.

I traded crew between two ships.

One ship had hangers but no fighters

One ship had no hangers.

Worked.

Its specifically the main ship.

I will load the main ship in creative... try and trade crew.

No problem there

It must be one of the fighters that I have or something to do with the squads I have in single player. 

Next move is to kill off all the fighters and remove the squads and start from scratch.