Deleting thousands of blocks crashes game.

Triu

So I'm trying to delete 15000 blocks off a ship, and it lags for a while, takes a block or 2, freezes unfreezes etc. Eventually this goes on for around 700-900 blocks over about 3 hours, then the game crashes to desktop and when going back into the game, the blocks previously removed are still present. This is happening in singleplayer.

*edit - sorry does not crash to desktop, but gives a "Connection Lost" to server error and returns to the main menu.

clientlog_Tue_Feb_14_21-37-27_2017.txt

• Boxelware Team

Can you please post the server log, too? It looks like the server was unresponsive for too long and was therefore killed by your operating system. As a work around maybe try to delete less blocks at once? That is somewhat unsatisfactory but the best thing I can think of right now.

Not really sure which one applies, looked at them but can't tell much. I tried deleting about 10 at a time, but it still freezes deleting 1, the server doesn't crash, but deleting just 10 takes about 3-5 minutes. Sorry loaded the client logs again, had the server logs open but it defaulted to the other, can't seem to edit them, so i'll repost again with server logs..

clientlog_Tue_Feb_14_12-28-31_2017.txt

clientlog_Tue_Feb_14_16-35-35_2017.txt

clientlog_Tue_Feb_14_16-42-06_2017.txt

clientlog_Tue_Feb_14_21-37-27_2017.txt

That's all for that day, but seems there are none from 13 even though i play like 10 hours every day (or did before this ) and it's been stopping me for about 3  :'(

*edit sorry i had to use the forum to upload the files, pastebin is blocked in china, and many other file sharing websites like google docs, so hard to supply just links to outside sources.

serverlog_Tue_Feb_14_22-03-48_2017.txt

• Boxelware Team

So I talked to Koonschi about your issue, and he reminded me that performance is not directly dependent on size of a ship, but rather on the number of blocks. Therefore it could help you a great deal, if you merged blocks before removing them. Merging will not change the form of the ship, but should increase performance as it reduces the effective block count.

Wow didn't even consider doing that, was so distracted I guess. I wiped my saves fixing my windows so I could play Resident Evil 7, but I will recreate the issue on a new save in the next few days and test it, then report back.