Starting Avorion causes PC to crash after a few seconds of beeping

Ordo

I should preface this by saying that the program was functioning quite normally up until approximately 3 days ago. Without any change that I could detect, starting avorion causes the numlock and capslock keys to begin flashing, along with a regular 1 second pulse beep, after which the computer will automatically shutdown. No BSOD or anything of the sort. Temperatures do not even come close to TJMax; highest I saw was around 60 degrees C. Memory usage was also low, only a few GB above standard system usage. Disk usage was around 40-50%. I have done a thorough cleaning of the laptop itself with compressed air, and the problem persists. CPU usage was likewise low, only running at about 3.2GHz.

Model  ibuypower P17SM

CPU i7 4800 MQ at 2.7GHz, OC up to 3.7

GPU NVidia GeForce GTX 770M

RAM 32GB DDR3 1600

HDs 2 1TB Standard Drives

I am rather at wits end; I don't have logs because the game itself isn't crashing, and because there is no BSOD, I do not even have a stop code to give. Any advice as to how I should move forward?

Have you set the game to use the Nvidia GPU in the Nvidia Control Panel?

You might want to try to uninstall and then to reinstall the Nvidia drivers or try an older version if you have updated them very recently.

Also are you certain that there are no logs? I am pretty sure the game creates them on startup and writes to the files over the complete runtime, not only after a crash.

You will find them as described in the sticky post in this forum.

The game is indeed using the NVidia GPU; I specifically manually set the program to use it. I have tried both reverting drivers and finding the most up to date ones; neither seems to have an effect. The logs appear no different from the previously functional startups, and do not appear for all of the shutdown times. The more recent is from a shutdown event, the earlier one is from a fully functional run.

clientlog_Wed_Feb_15_19-49-22_2017.txt

clientlog_Wed_Feb_08_16-08-17_2017.txt