UI ScrollFrame : createLabel not working.

Salminar

Heyas,

Working a bit on my UI mod and had an issue with making work a label that wasn't displaying at all with my rect information while all the other elements were performing well.

After a lot of debugging i finally replaced the ScrollFrame : createLabel function by the TabbedWindow : createLabel, the exact same function but for the parent of my scrollframe and it worked just fine.

Maybe i am doing something wrong, but i could place pictures, an any element created from the scrollframe at the exact place my label was supposed to be. And it was at the right place using the parent, so it really look like a bug for this particular function for me.

I'll post if i find more about it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

scrollFrame like super screwed up right now its not really worth it. i spent about 14 hours with it and got nothing usable. it absorbs padding with some completely weird offset that none of the other widgets do, and also performs weird scaling on things like labels. then it also does this weird ass thing where sometimes what it scrolls gets shrunk smaller so you can see it like take lines in and out as you scroll.

go through some of the vanilla scripts that use it and you'll see the authors own comments suggesting it, and he even uses incorrect rects (also admitted in the comments), on purpose, to make them work.