EXECUTOR Class Imperial Super Star Destroyer [DTU]

Tsunamik

Hello guys, after endless labour and sleepless nights, I present to you Vader´s personal ship; The Executor.

First of all, please click on this link and enable your sound:

Now when we have a proper mood, you can click on spoiler :)

source.gif

More photos

source.gif

Those small star destroyers ARE NOT MY WORK! They are here just for scale. Made from steam user, which username I can´t remember now

OgxkI82.jpg

As you can see, model can be bit glitchy at this size

CpeZRsm.jpg

View in strategy mode - as you can see, this ship can´t hide properly :D

lpX1yxW.jpg

Following are images of original (scaled down), as the big version makes my game glitchy as fuck.

Common "movie" shot

NNDszqN.jpg

pGXmOca.jpg

DGS5dOz.jpg

yHNzB5m.jpg

Y5VbMRI.jpg

njWRBO8.jpg

sWJ8dVn.jpg

Stats

Smaller version

DCEB53FCFFEEB45A1667B7C18415BFF6C82C16B5

Bigger version

71E6D6E6E0EBC29B9F7A61D29A7911F8AF52973B

Original vs Big version size comparison:

2A5C1F519A40FD5AFF70EE2BF4FD2BC412CF6453

Please note, that small ships is still 2km long! Its bigger brother is really gargantuan in comparison (as it should be, its symbol of unlimited power afterall - eventually destroyed by like two fighter craft, but shut up!)

Additional info:

I started with small version, which I later scaled up. Working on that huge model made my game really hard to use, so this was my solution.  Everything is completely made out of Trinium, and each version has about 7k blocks

Smaller version is completely playable, it is about 200 units (2km) long  - similar to those smaller star destroyers I used for scale. Costs bit over 2mil Trinium and 20 mil credits 1 million trinium. As you can see, ship is actually VERY fast for its size (43m/s thrust, 1196m/s top speed) and maneuverable, it also breaks quite well (41m/s), so you can safely play with it even in your main game (as I probably will) without crashing into everything. This is AFTER thruster nerf. 11 slots and gargantuan shield+energy generation makes it quite powerful in combat role, and it even has gargantuan cargo space for trading. Crew requirements are not small, but manageable in later stages of game (526 000 per hour).

Bigger version is probably biggest "playable" ship ever created in here (150milion tons??) and will probably create quite a lot of lag. Costs 170 milion trinium. Its hyperspace CD is through the roof, but this can be remedied by modules (15 slots of course, so go wild) It is probably about 10-15km long, could not measure it properly.  I tried to scale the ship even bigger, but funny story - game actually didn´t allow me - it said "This won´t work" :DDD So there IS limit for ship size actually :)

Its speed is close to 2km/s, acceleration near 40m/s with comparable brake thrust.

But still, it is quite unwieldy, there probably isn´t enough crew in whole universe for it (over 250k to just fly it) , and its paycheck is massive - 90million credits each hour without gunners/pilots/captains...  so yeah, good fun :D You can also probably defeat every enemy in game just by ramming him at that 2km/s speed :D

XML Files:

Original: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rnrd3cqf8f3kc3n/EXECUTOR%20Original%2BBig.zip?dl=0

New thrusters: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7kygwgpgcwbovq4/EXECUTOR%20Improved%20thrusters.zip?dl=0

Avorion internals: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jb1sqlz65z0bips/Executor_original_improved%20thursters_avorion.xml?dl=0

EDIT: http://imgur.com/a/9MuJ1  Imgur link for better viewing pleasure

EDIT2:  Accurate material costs are now listed. Stats images with minimal crew now. Added comparison picture of big and small version. Added XML for both ships

EDIT3: Added XML with improved versions - added more thrusters for better maneuverability/breaking after new beta patch

EDIT4: Added XML of original ship with Avorion internals - more suitable for endgame.

This, sir, is REALLY impressive. Not a purely decorative replica, like some detailed replicas unfortunately are, but a really playable ship!

Nice braking thrust, considering that it is for new thrusters (after "nerf") - it should be scaleable without strong maneuverability loss. 

I personally think such fast rotation speed is even too much for a capital ship, but.. that's my subjective opinion. Would be nice if devs made achieving fast rotation harder than achieving high braking thrust, so that capships could brake reasonably without being too fast-rotating.

Cargo bay is big enough for not-very-high-volume trading, and enough for accommodating all that turret factory ingredients for weaponry you are assembling for this warship.

I like it.

It's good how now, with thrusters scaled by volume, upscaling the ship don't completely cripple its maneuverability.

By the way, you can automatically fill ship with minimal crew by using this "/crew fill" script from Aki: http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,830.0.html

I really hope you all played that included music, its only half as good without it.. :D

This, sir, is REALLY impressive. Not a purely decorative replica, like some detailed replicas unfortunately are, but a really playable ship!

Nice braking thrust, considering that it is for new thrusters (after "nerf") - it should be scaleable without strong maneuverability loss. 

I personally think such fast rotation speed is even too much for a capital ship, but.. that's my subjective opinion. Would be nice if devs made achieving fast rotation harder than achieving high braking thrust, so that capships could brake reasonably without being too fast-rotating.

Cargo bay is big enough for not-very-high-volume trading, and enough for accommodating all that turret factory ingredients for weaponry you are assembling for this warship.

I like it.

It's good how now, with thrusters scaled by volume, upscaling the ship don't completely cripple its maneuverability.

By the way, you can automatically fill ship with minimal crew by using this "/crew fill" script from Aki: http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,830.0.html

THX for the script, thats exactly what I needed :))  The thruster nerf really has some nice added benefit, that it now scales really well. Both sizes are exactly the same model, and as you can see, making the ship 10x longer and gazilion times more massive barely influenced it breaking thrust.

But you are right about maneuverability... It turns too well for its size, but I could not reduce its turning speed, because it is side effect of those omnidirectional thursters I had to build for breaking... :/

My ship is a lot bigger and heavier, but well, not better looking ^^

Daaamn, I guess I will have to rescale it again! :D

Now THAT's god damn impressive. I wish it could be playable in real scale, though. I went through the same "this won't work" error when miscalculating my Star destroyer's size scaling it to 16.000m rather than 1.600m

Well, it might be playable, ... using some crew script to fill its crew is possible right now, reducing hyperspace CD with modules can also be done, you would only need ENORMOUS credits income from some factories and automated trades to be able to sustain it - but I guess it could be possible later in future, when out of sector production is fully supported. As for flying, it handles actually really well.

I added imgur link, the pictures are easier to watch there imo.

Thanks for a feedback guys, I shall now promote it on steam aswell! :D

Tested the newest (w/directional thrusters) version. Wonderful! It handles very well, stops fast. Even when i upscaled it up to 15 upgrslots, it still had 0.2/0.12/0.12 rotation and its braking thrust and strafe thrust is still high.

[screenshot w/15 slot version stat behind spoiler]

Qqz7tBA.jpg

"Large" version is an overkill, of course. No wonder it turns slowly, but, let's face it, such large ships aren't even needed. 15 slots version would serve as a good and impressive all-in-one (trading, fighting, etc) flagship for lategame.

There is one thing left to desire, and that is: generators/shields/hypercores made of Xanion or Avorion. (All blocks of one material can be replaced with their analogues of another material via xml editing, but this thing is all Trinium, so it's not that easy: no need to replace all Tri blocks with Avo blocks, as Avorion hull is not so suited for Executioner style).

I mean, it would be so cool to fly such ship in endgame, but in that case, some internal things are better working if they are Avorion.

It would also be cool to have Avorion "turret hardpoints" block, but.. that would go against Executioner style, once again. Dunno, maybe it's possible to find a couple of places where it would be suitable to place Avorion hull to allow Avo turret placement.

But the really beneficial stuff would be upgrade of internal systems.

TL,DR: Great ship, sir. Handles well in new mechanics, i'm impressed =)

P.S. look at that crew capacity! that's the most badass passenger shuttle in existence, i think =D

Hmm, you gave me few really good ideas, thanks for the feedback good sir! I agree that after thruster change, ship behaves better... Faster acc/decc + slower turn rate is what ship of this size needed.

That huge version is really useless, you are right about that, as 15 slots is everything what is really needed.

So I will try to create "endgame" version of the ship, with avorion internals, size just enough for 15 slots, and maybe we will find out some good turret placements, ideally made from armor blocks...  There are few obvious choices: outer edge of upper hull plating, inner edge (near superstructure) or that crew space between hull plates - if I can manage to make this little cleaner and narrower, there could be place for quite a lot of turrets.

And one more idea I got from you... With such huge crew quarters, it could be really beneficial to hire much more crew, and use them to boost ships ability (adding more mechanics and engineers actually improves handling, repairs and such...)

Thx for the ideas!

Avorion internals version is now uploaded. As usual, scale it to your own personal needs :-)

Did it by editing XML; if you are interested, look for index of blocks : 50 is shield generator, 51 energy container, 52 generator, 55 hyperspace core :-)